copycat designing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copycat designing!

i had an email today, well actually, quite a few, regarding some owls posted for sale on etsy looking strangely familiar!

have blogged it here,

lucykatecrafts.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-think-i-need-some-chocolate.html

darn it, still not posted enough to do a link, grrrrrr!

can someone do a link for me, pretty please?,

or just click on the blog link below
    lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

ok, i need 3 more posts so i can do links myself
    lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

2 more posts...
      lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

another one and that should be it
        lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

http://lucykatecrafts.blogspot.com/2...chocolate.html

fingers crossed it works
          lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

Hi there i have had a similar problem myself ... i have blogged about it !!!

Sara x
            allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

sara, have left you a comment on your blog
              lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

Owl Design

The owl design does look remarkably familiar it seems to have inherited all the features but neglected to put any effort into the shape.

Love your designs.
                Suzanne
                Handmade Jewellery | handmade cards

Comment

Totally agree with what you said - fair enough to use the interenet, books etc to gather research, but where's the design process - So not fair

Enjoy your Easter weekend
                  incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                  ___

Comment

They do look strangely... familier

Im all for sharing ideas though, but like Swarovski Chick had said, the shape is poo!

Yours are more owely and nicer

I think this is something that we are all going to have to put up with
                    Av xx
                    Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

I was warned this would happen especially when you blog about your things as well as putting them on ebay/ etsy !! I know it may seem flattering to have some one like your work that much they want to copy it but when does happen its very upsetting !!!

Sara x
                      allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

it is frustrating, particularly when they are claiming a design as their own original idea.

i think the only true way of dealing with it is to, as a designer, keep evolving, move faster than the competition, leave them standing copying your old designs and work on new stuff!
                        lucykate crafts... blog

Comment

WOW, I really feel for you chick, blatently tea leafing your idea is so so wrong. Funny enough tho, the originals always look better, much much better in fact.

As an artist, some of my inspiration comes from looking and observing the work of other artists, no more so than observing nature, but I make it MY own...I wouldn't actually copy anothers work, or copy it slightly, its just so wrong. I would be angry too.

Lets hope they have learnt something from this...but somehow I doubt very much!

You have the inspiration and creativity to keep two steps ahead of these fraudsters...

s.x
                          Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Really feel for you chuck! I had problems on ebay about three years ago. I had people copying cards and t-shirts and in the end I gave up because it was getting too competative! I wish now that I'd kept going beacuse some of my buyers might have stuck with me and kept coming back! I'll never know, but this time I've grown a thicker skin, so I'll plough on!
                            Natalie
                            website blog

Comment

Actually, I think the "other" owls look evil!! I wouldn't want to have one sat looking at me that's for sure. Yours are extremely cute looking.

I've had my work copied many times, and just have to grin and bear it. The worst was when an Ebay seller was using one of the images from my website to advertise their own "handmade" designs. I put a stop to that quite quickly!

K x
                              I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
                              www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

Working...
                              X