33 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 years ago today

Yes it's that long since our wedding day.
    I've just updated my blog with the story of my dress ... and an embarrassing photo!
    PS Hubby looks like he's working out an escape route!
    http://thecottageindustry.blogspot.c...ago-today.html
    Marion
    Embroidered Originals
    Here is my Blog
    Embroidered_Originals website
    Follow me on Twitter

Congratulations, will take a peek at your blog, it is our 30th this year and DH says he would have been let out by now for murder, hmmm!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      Congratulations, will take a peek at your blog, it is our 30th this year and DH says he would have been let out by now for murder, hmmm!!!!
      I've taken the plunge - so it's your turn in September. Looking forward to another '70's pic.
      Marion xx
      Marion
      Embroidered Originals
      Here is my Blog
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Congratulations! ...and such a lovely story to the dress too! Thank you for sharing it

Comment

Wow, what a bargain that dress was! It seems to have gone on forever! Congratulations on the 33 years, quite a milestone (no, I didn't say millstone, there's a big difference ).

Best wishes to you both (and what's left of the dress).
          digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
          blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
          hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
          blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

That's such a lovely story. I bet no one will ever do that with their dresses these days. You have encouraged me to keep mine in the family when I eventually take the plunge!

Really nice about the way you added the hearts in your daughters dress.

Congratulations, I hope you have a really nice night x
            Dee x
            Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
            Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
            Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Congratulations on your 33 years!!! Quite an achievement

Your dress looks fab and I really like the material you used... and to see it going on for so many other uses is fantastic!! Looking back now, it was definitely a bargain of £9.99 very well spent and has had many uses.

I agree that you should definitely make yourself some sort of keepsake out of what's left of your dress, it woudl be a shame to have none of it... use it for something for yourself!!

Comment

Happy Anniversary.
                £9.99 wasn't cheap for those days although I suppose it was for a wedding dress. You have certainly prompted memories. I cut mine up for a Christening Dress for Becky. Then she wanted a bride doll. I can't remember what happened to the rest.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I loved the Laura Ashley dresses of the 70's - and you used to be able to get bags of offcuts for patchwork in their shops, usually in a big bin by the door. A huge bag was only 50p.
                  By the way I changed out of my blue wedding dress into my going away outfit - another Laura Ashley dress!
                  Marion
                  Embroidered Originals
                  Here is my Blog
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

So this scrap of material I've got left....
                    My daughter ( yes the wee one in the picture, now not so wee at 29 ) is off round the world next week with her husband.
                    They are backpacking from South America, via Easter Island, Oz and NZ, Thailand etc and China then home next June.
                    I thought I could maybe make a little good luck charm with the blue fabric that she could carry with her.
                    It will have to be small as they already have a load to carry.

I thought that would be a neat way to use up the last scrap of wedding dress and will be memento of home.

But.. any ideas what I could make?
                    Marion
                    Embroidered Originals
                    Here is my Blog
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

How about something involving the Scottish flag?

Emma.
                      Paperbuzz
                      Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Working...
                      X