X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview news....

http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

What a day!
    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!

poor you.. hopefully you looked elegant running down the road - like a well grromed afghan hound does.. LOL

Oh, and just read about your O/h's interview.. dont be disheartened.. to be honest, a "sensible" employer generally hires the person who has a 70 - 80% skills match.. if you hire an overqualified person, they are likely to be bored and feel undervalued.. not good for morale..

A person who knows they are not a perfect match "hopefully" spends 6 months working hard to make up for potential shortcomings.. 12 months doing a good job.. and 18months "coasting" - or slowly getting disillusioned.. generally it works far better for many employers, except of course those where a particular skill is key to the job..

I would suggest your O/h applies for the jobs he might feel underqualified for too - most folk can do their bosses job no problems.. many have to cover in times of sickness and holidays anyway.. so if you can do their job, why apply for one at the level when you want a change.. apply for one your boss would go for.. - not my suggestion or idea by the way, a pearl of wisdom from Sir John Harvey Jones who was in charge of ICI for years!

Comment

Well, I was wearing my 'knock yourself out' stone necklace and have an enormous handbag, so I certainly wasn't swinging my arms about!
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!

Comment

I feel absolutely exhausted just reading your blog. Hope youngest son is OK now. Keeping fingers crossed re job and dog.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

London! Such a wonderful place SO difficult to get around!
          I hope you get the job! You certainly get a A for effort!
          Sorry to hear about your OH, I can sympathise as I am looking for a job but I want to 'just coast' and part time at that but keep getting told I am overqual! 'Yeah I know but I can do this!' is what I want to shout but as being overqual is not getting me anywhere I guess shouting wont either
          Hope things turn around for you soon
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Blimey you did have an eventful day!!

Good luck on the job, what was it for?

Sorry to hear about your son and dog, hope everything goes ok

Comment

Working...
            X