• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A crap week and Christmas ideas

A crap week and Christmas ideas...

http://eljay1980.wordpress.com/2009/...5th-june-2009/

Laura xxx

Awwww Hun, I really dont know what to say to make things better...I think it is a real positive step that you have contacted Mind, they will and should offer support and advice to you, I cannot imagine how you are feeling you have had to deall with so much these last few months.

I can sympathise with you as my 18yr old son has aspergers and ADHD he self harms, I know how difficult things get, but I know that hurting yourself will not make the pain go away, it just adds to the suffering, fluffy go and see your G.P. if they offer you medication .....take it, it does help get you through, see if they will offer you some counselling along side the med, the fact you are talking about everything will help you release those demons. You are a strong person, and a positive creative person, have you thought of art therapy? Ask your GP about it, you can take all that anger out creating some Art.....and it wont hurt!! (just thinking out loud of some ideas to help....I totally understand if its not for you) If you want to chat pm me,

in the mean time I will say a prayer for you and your family
    thinking of you

kazxx

Comment

Oh Laura, Im sorry to hear all of your news, thinking of you...

Good advice from Kaz, you go along and get help.

Have Pmd you xx
      Sarah

Comment

Have left you a comment Laura, I'm here, you know that xxx
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Laura,
          I'm so sorry to hear your news - really not what you need at the moment. I don't know you very well but you seem such a positive and inspiring person. I hope you get some good advice from MIND - I think the best thing is to keep busy and try to take your mind off things (easy to say I know) - your crafting 'to do' list is quite long! ..and I'm certain that your family and friends will appreciate all the handmade gifts rather than shop bought! I know exactly what you mean by it being a 'cheap' christmas this year!!
          If there's anything I can do, please pm me.
          Suzy
          x

Comment

Originally posted by kazzells View Post
            Awwww Hun, I really dont know what to say to make things better...I think it is a real positive step that you have contacted Mind, they will and should offer support and advice to you, I cannot imagine how you are feeling you have had to deall with so much these last few months.

I can sympathise with you as my 18yr old son has aspergers and ADHD he self harms, I know how difficult things get, but I know that hurting yourself will not make the pain go away, it just adds to the suffering, fluffy go and see your G.P. if they offer you medication .....take it, it does help get you through, see if they will offer you some counselling along side the med, the fact you are talking about everything will help you release those demons. You are a strong person, and a positive creative person, have you thought of art therapy? Ask your GP about it, you can take all that anger out creating some Art.....and it wont hurt!! (just thinking out loud of some ideas to help....I totally understand if its not for you) If you want to chat pm me,

in the mean time I will say a prayer for you and your family
            thinking of you

kazxx
            Thank you Kaz... I have an appointment booked with the doctor on Monday morning so I just need to get through the weekend and hope that I get some support when I see her.

With regards to your son, things must be really difficult for you havng to watch while he goes through it all... you are so right about SH adding to the problems, it helps for a few minutes until reality hits then it makes everything worse. Creative therapy is definitely worth looking into... I'll have to ask about that!! Thank you.

Your support means a lot, thank you!!

Laura xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
              Have left you a comment Laura, I'm here, you know that xxx
              Thank you Diane it means a lot, though you have so much to deal with yourself *hugs* Thank you xxxx

P.S. It won't let me rep you - will do later though

Comment

Working...
              X