Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bit Of Stitching On A Card

Now for this weeks Dottie Challenge, set by Adele:

I want to see stitches on your work, either hand sewn or machine- the choice is yours
    I've bought the new download from Dotties World this week to treat myself (well, why not?!) The collection is called 'Holly and Madison' and its a corker! Not only do you get the images for you to colour, but they all come pre coloured too! But for my downloads first outing, I have done my own colouring so I could use these papers.

Now, I've always wanted to do a bit of stitching on a card but don't quite trust myself on my ancient Singer not to get my fingers in the way (I'm a pro when it comes to fabric but don't think that paper and card would be as easy!) so I got out a darning needle and some old I think embroidery thread (its on a wooden bobbin and is a 'Bright eye' brand - if that's any use!) and away I went!
    I was careful not to do too much plus the needle made larger holes than I was expecting, but I think I got the balance right. But the best bit is, I think the centre of the flower (flowers from Jozza by the way - ta!) which was part of my button swop and the colours are just perfect (thanks Jacqui!)

I've coloured the image with watercolour pencils and added a little red glitter glue on the hair bobbles, belt and flowers.

The backing papers are again part of the Mily Designs download that I don't know where it came from and I just love the colours together. All corners have been rounded and edges inked in blue.

So - go and have a look at the new downloads and at the examples on the blog as you won't be disappointed! And hope you can join in the challenge this week!

• Backing papers: Mily Designs
    • Image: Holly and Madison download from Charmed Cards and Crafts, coloured with watercolour pencils
    • Flowers: From Jozza
    • Heart stitched linen button: From Jacqui

More...

Really nice, gorgeous colours and the stitching is perfect, especially the middle of the flower!

Comment

That's really lovely.
      Natalie
      website blog

Comment

Gorgeous, I also love the stitching in the middle of the flower,
        Sarah

Comment

Thank you!

I can't take any of the credit for the button in the flower - sent to me as part of a handmade button swop!!

Comment

Working...
          X