Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update on all things 'me' related!!

Just a quick blog post to update on my crafty happenings and health news after my surgery. Nothing too exciting... sorry lol.

http://eljay1980.wordpress.com/2009/...nce=d5b424ad3e

Hiyah,

Glad you are OK and hope you feel better soon. It can be a pain being so dependent on other people especially when you are an independent person.

I hope you feel better soon (emotionally and physically)!

Alison
    http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

Thanks Alison... at the moment I'm not too good, in a lot of pain but my painkillers are making me sick so I can't wait for the dictrict nurse's visit in the morning to see if I'm doing something wrong.

LJ xxx

Comment

Hi Laura

Hopefully the nurse will be able to help with the pain relief for you and things will get a bit easier for you.

Ooh think I like the sound of the liquid diet, smirnoff & coke for 6 weeks

Take care x

Comment

Lol, unfortunately with all of the medication that I'm on I'm not allowed to include alcohol in my liquid diet - very inconsiderate as I'd gladly just have Baileys for six weeks

Comment

Cor blimey Fluffy - that (what you said on the blog) sounded horrible. You poor mite.
            Lots of sympathy
            AnnieAnna

Comment

Its more than possible that your expected visitors have thought twice about tiring you out. You sound as if you have been quite poorly - poor you. Heartfelt sympathies about the sickness, thats the one thing I really hate. Ugh. Don't forget, the anesthetic knocks you about as well as everything else so don't expect too much too quick. Just lay back and enjoy the fuss and give your body time to heal.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hope you're feeling better soon

Hope you are feeling better soon and that you can spend time working on your wonderful cards.

Like the sound of your ideas for Valentines and Mother's Day cant wait to see them finished

Take care
                Take care

Sandra

Cat'sEyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://catseyesjewellery.blogspot.com/

http://www.funimaging.com

(A photographic website that I sort of manage)

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                  Its more than possible that your expected visitors have thought twice about tiring you out. You sound as if you have been quite poorly - poor you. Heartfelt sympathies about the sickness, thats the one thing I really hate. Ugh. Don't forget, the anesthetic knocks you about as well as everything else so don't expect too much too quick. Just lay back and enjoy the fuss and give your body time to heal.

Yeugh the anesthetic is sometimes worse than the op!! but have faith, it will pass, just rest as told to!
                  Diane
                  Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                    Yeugh the anesthetic is sometimes worse than the op!! but have faith, it will pass, just rest as told to!

Have now read your blog properly, I can fully sympathise about the drain, mine felt as though it was falling out, it wa attached to my skin with a stitch, which I felt was going to burst all the time. Like you say Laura, the pain was awful. Once the inscisions heal a little you will start to feel better. Just think, you spent one night away from home. I went in for a 3 day keyhole op and ended up being in for 8 long, painful, boring days. My family couldn't visit and I have no hubby so spent the whole time alone (my phone bill was horrendous-I kept phoning my parents because I was so lonely).

I think, as much rest as possible, if hubby wants to do it-let him, keep thinking about all the lovely crafts you are going to produce, and remember this discomfort is short-term, soon you will be a new you! (((hugs)))
                    Diane

Comment

I don't envy you, but do send my very best wishes that you soon start to feel much better.

I'm sure that once you have recovered from the surgery you will be much better than you were before and the pain and discomfort become vague memories.

In the meantime, take it easy and do as the medics and your hubby tell you.

Gentle hugs for you
                      Linda

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely and supportive comments, they are truly appreciated.

I had a visit from the district nurse this morning and all of my dressings have now been removed, then I saw my GP and my painkillers and laxatives have now been changed so should hopefully start to do some good. As you say Diane, the drain definitely felt like the worst part.

After I came home from the doctors I went to sleep, hubby had to go out to the shops and the little gem came home with the Glitter Girls Ultimate and Tall Stories boards for me... so that's something else that I can't wait to try out!

At the moment though I'm trying to get as much rest as possible to hopefully speed up the recovery process and in the meantime, I'm letting hubby do whatever he wants in the house and anything else can wait!!

Thank you everyone *hugs*

Comment

Just read your blog. Sounds like you have had a tough time of it lately. Hope your feeling well soon.
                          Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                          Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                          My blog
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzydiza View Post
                            Just read your blog. Sounds like you have had a tough time of it lately. Hope your feeling well soon.
                            Thank you... hopefully things are starting to look up now, not in quite as much pain today though still very tender. Pain is more in my chest than anything else at the moment so hopefully that will ease soon

Comment

The chest pain could be to do with the anestetic and also the gases they use to inflate you inside for keyhole. I didnt know this but after my keyhole op I had terrible pains in my chest to the point where I thought I was having a heart attack, I was told by a nurse that its the after effects of the gases and that they can take some time to dissipate throughout your body as there is nothing they can do about it!!!

It will get better, each day will be a little step further xx
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X