Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 8 - No Pink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny Black Saturday Challenge 8 - No Pink!

Told you there would a few challenges this week!! For some strange reason, I do get excited about the Penny Black Challenges! And for this week, I was determined to make a Christmas card, so I was quite pleased when I read that pink was not allowed!

This weeks challenge -
    Challenge 8 - No Pink!!
    Your cards can feature any colour, but NO PINK !!

I had some of the Funky Christmas Time backing papers left over (and I HATE to see any scrap go to waste!) and wanted to use them again. Hand water coloured the image - I am so enjoying using my trusty watercolours again! I spent a bit of time faffing with the layout as I felt that it needed (oh yes!) some ribbon to finish it off. The edges of the card and image have been dotted and drawn on with the gold gel pen, although, thinking about it now, the image would look better, I think, with faux photo corners......

I'd actually cut the ribbon too short (not concentrating!) so it would not tie in a bow particularly well, so its now a single bow!
    • Image - Penny Black hand coloured with watercolours
    • Backing paper - Funky Christmas Time download from Funky Hand
    • Ribbon - Gold satin edged gold organza from Blackburn market
    • Eyelets - Metallic from Dovecraft

More...

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
    Told you there would a few challenges this week!! For some strange reason, I do get excited about the Penny Black Challenges! And for this week, I was determined to make a Christmas card, so I was quite pleased when I read that pink was not allowed!

This weeks challenge -
    Challenge 8 - No Pink!!
    Your cards can feature any colour, but NO PINK !!

I had some of the Funky Christmas Time backing papers left over (and I HATE to see any scrap go to waste!) and wanted to use them again. Hand water coloured the image - I am so enjoying using my trusty watercolours again! I spent a bit of time faffing with the layout as I felt that it needed (oh yes!) some ribbon to finish it off. The edges of the card and image have been dotted and drawn on with the gold gel pen, although, thinking about it now, the image would look better, I think, with faux photo corners......

I'd actually cut the ribbon too short (not concentrating!) so it would not tie in a bow particularly well, so its now a single bow!
    • Image - Penny Black hand coloured with watercolours
    • Backing paper - Funky Christmas Time download from Funky Hand
    • Ribbon - Gold satin edged gold organza from Blackburn market
    • Eyelets - Metallic from Dovecraft

More...

Ah That is gorgeous!!!!! Sue xx
    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Aww very cute and different too.
      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
      X