Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg Dolls

"Hi there. I'd wave but as you can see I'm only a peg."

Today H and I did some crafting together, its the first time in ages we have done some crafting that didn't a.) end in tears (usually mine) or B.) end with play dough stuck in the carpet or paint between the floorboards.

I bought a packet of wooden craft pegs from the Works, but any wooden pegs will do. , I had the intention of gathering together some scraps of fabric for clothing from the Charity shop, but never remembered so we got out "Mummy's special paints" and made some painted peg dolls. I'm quite enamoured of the little ginger one, he looks quite cheeky with his dinosaur t-shirt. H made two peg people but lost interested when I said the paint had to dry before he could put a face on with a pen. So H wandered off to play jedi-cowboy-alien-chef-pilot-inventor while I finished painting mine.

peg dolls
    H and I still had fun making peg people and I think I will get another packet of pegs sometime soon and make more peg people, I may go whole hog and acquire some fabric scraps to make some peg doll clothes. I might even see if I can pin down H and get him to draw faces on his pegs, they are a bit scary without faces... but then again I'm like that, I think I watched way to many episodes of the Twilight Zone when I was little.
    H's peg people

More...
    Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Those are really cute...I can just imagine them in their clothes. I wouldn't mind them in pot plants too, maybe holding up the names of the plant? Or in herb gardens, like little dibbers (is that the right word?) with the herb names on them too. How old is H? I think it's great that he stayed and did them. I have 3 boys (13, 16 and 22).
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I love peg dolls but had forgotten about them. Yours are very colourful. One year we made peg doll fairies and covered the Christmas Tree. There was just me and the three kids so money was a bit scarce. We had no end of fun as I expect you did. I can see you ending up with a whole community of peg people.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

thank you!

H will be 5 in October and is normally too busy bulding machines out of his toys to bother crafting with me. It was a really fun project and I want to do some more with him and a few of his friends when its my turn to baby sit next. a friend of mind is sending me some ribbon to make clothes so the next lot will have more than just painted on clothes...

I rember making peg reindeer with 3 pegs when I was little for a school x-mas activity... I must remeber how we did those.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          thank you!

H will be 5 in October and is normally too busy bulding machines out of his toys to bother crafting with me. It was a really fun project and I want to do some more with him and a few of his friends when its my turn to baby sit next. a friend of mind is sending me some ribbon to make clothes so the next lot will have more than just painted on clothes...

I rember making peg reindeer with 3 pegs when I was little for a school x-mas activity... I must remeber how we did those.
          I have had loads of lace given me, some of it fairly narrow. If you PM me or e mail me with your address I would be glad to pop some in the post.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            I have had loads of lace given me, some of it fairly narrow. If you PM me or e mail me with your address I would be glad to pop some in the post.

thank you.. have pm'd you!

Comment

Ahhh your peg people are lovely! Reminds me of when I was little and my Mum and I bought a set - only to discover half the stuff was missing, I was so upset!!

Maybe you could do a themed peg people session if you wanted to try and keep your son and his friend's attention - you could make peg people soldiers or something and then they could play a game with them after, leaving you to have a nice cup of t and a read of a craft magazine or something!!
              Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Oh Fern and i made these too!!! We bought really cheap fabric from hobby craft and made some dresses and we used wool for the hair. Worked out really well.
                Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

They are sooo cute, I love them!!
                  Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Originally posted by craftsensations View Post
                    Ahhh your peg people are lovely! Reminds me of when I was little and my Mum and I bought a set - only to discover half the stuff was missing, I was so upset!!

Maybe you could do a themed peg people session if you wanted to try and keep your son and his friend's attention - you could make peg people soldiers or something and then they could play a game with them after, leaving you to have a nice cup of t and a read of a craft magazine or something!!
                    his friends that I will be babysitting in a few weeks time are girls (my friends daughters) so they will probably go to war with them... princess/pink/sparkle/fluff/dora/fairies... against evil/darthvader/cowboy/inventer/jedi/soldiers..

though a cup of coffee and a magazine are a must!

Comment

thank you poppy! and snow!

I guess it goes to show sometimes the simplest old fashioned things to do can be the best...

Comment

Working...
                      X