And To Think They Turn Into Men.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And To Think They Turn Into Men.....

For those of us who have sons ... and for those who are happy that they don't.

And my personal favourite.....

Interesting facts you learn when you have sons:
    (1) A king size water-bed holds enough water to fill a 200 m2 house to a depth of 10 cm.
    (2) If you spray hair-spray on dust balls and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
    (3) A 3-year old boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
    (4) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 20 Kg boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 6m x 6m room.
    (5) You should not throw cricket balls up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.
    (6) A ceiling fan can hit a cricket ball a long way.
    (7) The glass in windows (even double-glazed) doesn't stop a cricket ball hit by a ceiling fan.
    (8) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
    (9) Brake fluid mixed with bleach makes smoke, and lots of it.
    (10) A six-year old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old man says they can only do it in the movies.
    (11) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old boy.
    (12) Play-dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
    (13) Super glue is forever.
    (14) No matter how many jelly crystals you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
    (15) Pool filters do not like jelly crystals.
    (16) VCR's do not eject 'BL&T' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
    (17) Rubbish bags do not make good parachutes.
    (18) Marbles in petrol tanks make lots of noise when driving.
    (19) You probably DO NOT want to know what that smell is.
    (20) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
    (21) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
    (22) It will, however, make cats dizzy.
    (23) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

Feel free to add lessons you have learned in the comments below!

More...
    Blog Website Flickr

Nice one!!
    for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

That is soooooo funny.

And Yes . . . . my only child was a boy!!!!
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Forgot to say that my son also stuck a knife into an electric socket . . . . . . . . . . .

when he was 14 years old!!!!!!!!
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

And the memories come flooding back. My eldest son lit a camp fire in a wooden shed right next to our house when he was 15 and this was the one that supposedly had brains. He has 3 sons of his own now - I wonder.........
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I forgot to say I enjoyed your piccies JBJB
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Dont get it, they are just practising man things. Only thing ive stopped doing is weeing in flower pots ( it takes me too long these days)

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
                they are just practising man things
                well that just about sums it up
                Mel

Comment

Brilliant!!! Selina

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
                    Dont get it, they are just practising man things. Only thing ive stopped doing is weeing in flower pots ( it takes me too long these days)
                    So let me get this right?
                    You still stick panty-liners all over yourself?

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Urbtaf, quick... form a defensive wall, we're surrounded!!!

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Oh dear - I have this all to come...! I have two boys and after hearing the things my husband got up to as a child I am worried

xHannah

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
                          Oh dear - I have this all to come...! I have two boys and after hearing the things my husband got up to as a child I am worried

xHannah
                          just the one little lad but me too !
                          Mel

Comment

Oh dear I have 2, pass me a g&t...........................

Comment

JBJB you have jogged my memory, I once used a tampon behind a car door panel as padding to stop an annoying rattle. Just a man thing I suppose
                              and maybe I should add I only stopped surfing boneyards at the tender age of 45, cos I broke 4 ribs, cracked my skull, broke my foot, and nose (yet again)
                              But maybe I shouldnt add this cos its such a man thing that you will most likely have to forget the G+T and go staight for the neat vodka. YOUR BOYS MAY BE NEXT
                              May need your help Si when auntynet reads this, I think Im suffering from death wish
                              Last edited by urbtaf; 25-07-2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X