Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember yoooo-ooou....

Hello. It's me. I'm back.
    Sorry for the distinct lack of posts this last week. Yesterday was... da da daaaaa!... the Truly Handmade Craft Fair. My First Ever Craft Fair. In the run up to this hallowed event I have been frantically busy trying to get stuff ready. Here is my humble display.

The table cloths were a cerise pink muslin curtain and a single bed valance that I just happened to have kicking around and were pretty much the perfect size. Next time (?) I just want to applique "ethel and edna" to the valance - if and when there is a next time.

The all-important question - How did I do? Weeeeeell... I didn't make a fortune put it that way, but I did better than the stalls on either side of me, although I think having several friends visit and spend with me made a big difference. The girl selling kiln-formed glass to my left has been going to fairs for 8 years and I think she covered her table cost. The couple on my other side were 'proper' jewellers/silversmiths and I don't know if they sold anything.

There seemed to be quite a few customers coming through but I have nothing to compare with as this was my first fair. I don't think the local papers had given the fair any coverage in the run-up which didn't help matters. I hope for her Christmas fair Caroline manages to get more editorial in the local press.

Here are a few close-ups.
    There are the Silly Girls all bundled together in their basket. Two of their number went to new homes. Yippee!! And there are some of my rosey brooches, as featured on incy wincy's website (click the button up on the left for more details ).

And here are some last minute additions to the proceedings. As I am/we are "ethel and edna's tearoom" I thought that tea and cake should be available. May I present the Rosie Lee teabag softies. They have little faces embroidered on them and the tags say different things such as 'tea', 'cuppa' 'Rosie Lee' and so on. Confess they were meant to be rose-scented too but I couldn't manage to get hold of any rose oil in time (. The other items are cup cake pincushions/softies. All made from recycled clothing, felt, pin 'hundreds and thousands' and a pompom cherry on top.
    There are the ceramic kiddie shoes that I made last year and my tea towel totes, as well as some cards that I made ages ago and forgot all about until Friday night.
    Now I really have no excuse not to get listing on etsy. I have all this stuff made so as soon as I can get my sticky mitts on hubbie's credit card to set up the security details I'll get to it.
    But the highlight of the day was... I finally got to meet incywincy Sam in the flesh. Sorry Hun, I know it's not the most flattering photo in the world but I'm sure you'll get your own back when you post your piccie ;o). And I have to say that Em is even more beautiful than in her photos. She is such a little cutie. It was great to meet you and all the family. Hope you did OK on the sales front. I'm sure you did.

So... what now? Well the school hols have started as of Friday so I have a kiddie to amuse and entertain for 6 weeks. I have the challenge of getting some stuff listed on etsy. I have to finish my Russian Doll Swap (huge apologies to Emma once again). And I am eagerly anticipating next weekend - THE Girlie Weekend. Yay!!! Destination: Brixham. Eight girls, one yacht and one (lucky, lucky) skipper. All hubbies and kids left onshore and we sail off into the sunset... Well we stay on board all weekend from Friday night 'til Sunday evening with good food and plenty drink. Let's just pray for hot, sunny weather then we can have a nice little sail around to Dartmouth. Picnic on board. Jump in for a swim. Just chillin'. Bliss... Sorry have I made you all jealous enough now? hehehe I'm counting off the days let me tell you.
    OK. I'm waffling now. Will post again much more quickly than of late.
    ttfn xxx

More...
    http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Originally posted by ethel&edna View Post
    I don't think the local papers had given the fair any coverage in the run-up which didn't help matters. I hope for her Christmas fair Caroline manages to get more editorial in the local press.
    We got a piece written in the Sutton Coldfield News and an event listing on BRMB's website.

Cxx
    Love LittleGems x
    http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
    www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X