I Did Some Ironing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did Some Ironing!

But only in the name of crafting!! I printed quite a few of the Paper Blossoms backing papers a while ago and thought that I'd be good and start to use up what I already have before printing more..... easier said than done!

Anyway, this backing was printed onto vellum and I'd already cut out the sentiment. And because the boys had been waking up at stupid times this week (4am was the earliest) I thought I'd use my time wisely and get some crafting done. Now at that time I can't really think straight, but after 2 cups of tea I was beginning to wake up a little. The design still needed to be simple so I came up with this.
    Eyelets used (from Kath) with the ribbon (recycled from a pack of card blanks - funny how I seem to be drawn to the ones with the ribbon tied round them........) and a few gems added on the sentiment for a bit of bling.

So why did I need to iron? The ribbon was suffering from knot fatigue and it needed ironing out! I very rarely iron - as long as the clothes go in the drier or on the line quickly after the washing machine then they don't really need ironing. However, I have been known to go to work (a number of years ago) wearing a blouse that desperately needed ironing, but I was either too lazy or running late (in the days that I left the house at 6am) so just thought I could keep my jacket on and be ok. But the day was a scorcher and I sweated like a pig but did not dare take my jacket off. Learnt my lesson!!

More...

lovely card i only iron what i have to and always keep it up to date as i hate ironing i learnt my lesson years ago when we moved from flat to house i had 3 black bags of ironing and some of the clothes my daughters had grown out of , so i now wash one day iron the next.
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to admit... I love ironing.

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post

Si.
        All mine is now on its way to you

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
          All mine is now on its way to you
          ...except Tip Top's.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

LOVELY CARD!!!! I DON'T MIND IRONING EITHER SO YOU CAN SEND ME A BIT TIPPYtTOP!!!!!! i HAVE PUT MY STASH OF YOUR LITTLE PLASTIC BAGS IN THE POST FOR YOU TO RE USE!!!!!! (That's my bit done towards saving the planet and saving Tippy some pennies!!!!!) he he! Sue xx
            http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Si.
              Are you available for hire?? I don't iron either I must admit. I don't mind it but I just have much better things to do with my scant amount of time!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Si.
                You know, I think that is a man thing. I can't stand ironing, after two shirts I am so bored I want to stick needles in my eyes, my man, on the other hand, irons for hours. He watched an entire season on Battlestar Galactica whilst ironing once. I must admit though, put battlestar galactica on and I want to stick needles in my eyes anyway.........
                www.beadlab.com

Comment

Ironing is the only housework I like, I love listening to Radio 4 whilst doing it & shouting at all the things I disagree with.............radio rage

Comment

Love the card! Not so much ironing. No actually, that's a lie. When I do convince myself to iron, I like it. But just don't have that much time for it these days. Time ironing = no time making jewellery = less money earned.

I just keep telling DH that.... I told him when he starts mowing the lawn more, I'll iron more. No chance of that happening so I'm safe.
                    Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                    http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                    http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

don;t do ironing - fold it straight out of dryer and if anyone complaines I show em where the iron is and give them a cobweb brush to clean it up first.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Lovely card!

I don't iron either! Well only when I'm sewing and I need to press seems etc! Oh yes and OH's shirts for work because he absolutely refuses to use an Iron. Everything else spends two months in a heap in the kitchen before being put away (crumpled - I don't have time for all that folding rubbish) in wardrobes and drawers!
                        Natalie
                        website blog

Comment

I can iron for hours when I've got some loud rock music on!

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

We only have a small travel iron for absolutely essential ironing (weddings, funerals and job interviews) the rest of the time I do the straight from tumble dryer-shake-fold trick. Hubby mentioned that people at work had been making the odd comment to him about whether we own an iron - I told him he needs to reply that his wife doesn't believe in ironing as it's bad for the environment
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
                            X