My cup runneth over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cup runneth over...

Flippin' Heck!!! Is it Karma? I did a giveaway and spread a bit of happinness and it's coming back my way 10 fold. Jennyflower was having a pants day when I emailed and told her she'd won, and I'm sure she won't mind me telling you that it really cheered her up.
    I have just had so much good stuff happen in the last couple of days I don't know where to begin.

Blog Award
    Thanks so much to Blissful Artist and TipTop who have both given me this fab award. It's a "link-to-the-person-who-awards-it-and-then-nominate-seven-other-blogs-to-pass-the-award-on-to" kind of award. I'm going to cop out of the nominations process as I really should be upstairs slaving over a hot sewing machine and NOT sitting at the computer. I'll ponder who to pass it to once I get back to stitching.

Bargains
    I popped into Lichfield yesterday afternoon and found these two little gems in The Works (which was supposedly closing down). The button jewellery book has got some really good ideas in it and I do have an ever-increasing button stash so I may make some of the things out of it for the craft fair. Sponge brushes are always useful and there are so many different sizes in this packet. All for £1.99.

I also visited the St Giles Hospice shop on my way back home and found a load of fab books. Kiddie got 2 on the Ancient Greeks which she's 'doing' at school at the moment. Next week she has to go in Greek clothes so these books will come in handy when I'm trying to make a toga ) She also got 4 Tiara Club books (her faves) and a Collins Guide to the Seashore. Great for when we go on hols and to Auntie Nick Nack's. I got a paperback and 2 Ladybird books for me. And also a Sarah Midda book - Growing Up and Other Vices. I have it already but couldn't leave it on the shelf. Her illustrations are so sweet and funny. They look like kids' books but are for grown-ups really.

I think I need to get some of these enlarged and framed. You mean you are supposed to grow out of being untidy? Noone told me. )

Prezzie
    At about 5ish yesterday there was a knock at the front door (well a ring of the bell actually). It was BDB plus her kiddie with a prezzie for me. Whoop whoop! Since BDB has gone back to working full time (mad fool!) I have been picking her kiddie up from scholl one or two nights a week. This prezzie was to say thanks for doing that.

There's just a little hint on the box...
    Ooh more pretty packaging...
    Yay!!! I love Pilgrim jewellery and this turquoise ring was chosen to go with much of my belly dancing stuff. Isn't it scrummy? Thanks guys. It's lovely.

Belly Dancing
    So as you know it was our next exam on Saturday. At Tuesday's lesson Maria decided she would tell us what mark we'd got if we wanted to know.
    I got a DISTINCTION!
    Woohoo!! I'm so chuffed. Out of 44 candidates(I think Maria said) there were only 4 distinctions given. BDB was one of the other 3. Clever girl. We will get our certificates and medals in class next week.

Slimming World
    I HAVE LOST HALF A STONE!!!!!
    Yay!!! I went for my weekly weigh-in last night, thinking I may have lost 1lb. I'd actually lost 3, making 7 in total since I joined! Not only that but the week before last I was Slimmer of the Week. I just wish you could preserve that 'high' and bring it out when you are having a bad week. It would make dieting so much easier.
    Maybe it was due in part to having certain parts of myself removed...

OK. OK. So many of you have asked. Here are the pics of...

The Haircut

Yup! That's the back. And the front...

Ta dah!! This is actually not the cut from college last Thursday. It just wasn't short enough. There was no getting away from it. So yesterday I made an appointment and went for another chop. Not quite Amelie but it's sooooo much better. )

And finally...

This is what I have been making all week. Well it is supposed to be a craft blog, after all.

I though I would be able to knock these out in a day. Pah!
    (To be imagined in a ropey Geordie accent) "It's Day Four in the 'ethel and edna house' and the eleven tote bags are nearing completion. Housemate Lindsey will begin The Embellishing Challenge in ten minutes."
    Buttons and beads are about to unleashed then they will finally be finished. Phew! Then I just have the task of pricing them. I HATE pricing things. Anyone got any suggestions for what to charge for a lined tote bag? Answers on a postcard, moocard, email or manky envelope pleeeease.
    AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!! Did I really just do that?! Did I really make reference to BB? NOOOOOOOOO! I must retreat to my room to beat myself with a copy of the Slimming World magazine. )

ttfn
    xx

More...
    http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Working...
X