I so love weekends....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I so love weekends....

What I great weekend it turned out to be. I came home from work on Saturday morning with a foul migraine & feeling most sorry for myself! But my lovely fella & my son had been & done our weekly shop & bought these for me!!

They smell so nice, every so often I get a little whiff of them! I so love flowers, I don't get them very often, so I love it when I do!

I also had a very fun Sunday with my son, whilst daddy was at work. First, we made a rocket from some kitchen roll tubes & tin foil, then we painted it. Then came the real fun! We made gloop. It is so much fun, messy but so fun! Here's how it's done...

First, we put some cornflour into a mixing bowl

Then we added some water to the cornflour. Just a little at a time...

It's hard to describe the consistency needed, but I'll try...when you lift the spoon out the bowl the cornflour trickles off, a bit like icing sugar, but when its in the bowl it feels a bit hard to mix (this is why it's fun, trust me! read on!) I just kept adding a little more water at a time, if you put too much in, just add more cornflour

(little toes & little fingers are v.cute!)

Then came the best part! We took some spoonfuls & splodged them onto the messy mat

This stuff is truly amazing. When it's on a surface it feels hard, you can push it together & pick it up, but then it goes back to a liquid consistency. My son loved it. I loved watching him have fun. I loved playing with the gloop too! Then I went all out...

...I added some blue food colouring. Perhaps this wasn't one of my better ideas, who knew food colouring would stain little fingers?

It was fun. I love my son. I love him.

s.x

p.s. I've been waiting & now it has come. I am now the owner of a canon 400d...tomorrow I will be starting another journey...

More...
    Last edited by sweet; 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM.
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

I love making the gloop! Kids at school were fascinated if you have a bowl of it..push into it slowly and your hand sinks...hit it hard and it's like hitting a solid!
    Trish

Comment

sounds like you had a lot of fun we use to make playdough using flour salt and food colouring havent done anything like that for years i will have to have a go with my grandaughter although she doesnt like getting her hands dirty
      Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

lol! i know its so much fun!

There are so many inexspensive things people can do with kid & often they are the most fun!
        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

We haven`t made gloop before...we`ll have to give it a go!

Clare

Comment

Working...
          X