Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally started!!

Before carpet up..

I've been wanting to start decorating my hall for some time. I started today and pulled the carpet up finally. I'm really pleased to find the original 1929 tiles all still in good condition. I also managed to get rid of all the extra coats and bits of things that seam to clutter up a hallway. Tomorrow i will start the huge job of preparing the walls and sanding the woodwork....all six panelled doors and the stair case....years of layer on layer of old lead paint, what fun!

I might finally get this house decorated in time to start all over again!

Carpet up showing original tiles.

More...
    www.susiedolls.com
    www.susie1205.blogspot.com

good luck to you on this one!

It always makes me wonder why people would chuck a carpet down over nice original tiles and layer paint over paint overmore paint! min you, it could have been that awful chip board stuff!
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Lovely house!! Gorgeous tiles!!! Good luck on the decorating. Mine will start when this extension is finished. There's no end to it all is there!!! Suexx
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

you have a gorgeous house and they are lovely tiles i think i would have been tempted to leave the carpet down till after id painted as i usually get it every where good luck i hate decorating it turns your whole house upside down but it will be worth it when your finished
        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hallway

Lovely tiles, I will look out to see if you put more photos up.
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Working...
          X