Easter Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Holidays

Well that's it the schools in Scotland have finally finished for the 2 week Easter holiday's. Now comes the age old dilema - what do you do to keep the kids amused.

They have only been on holiday for 1 day and already all I am hearing is "mum I'm bored, there's nothing to do!!" I think I will take them to the cinema to see the Spiderwick Chronicles - so there's one day down - 13 left to go!!

www.candles-by-lisa.co.uk
    www.candles-by-lisa.om

More...
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

In our house, first day of the hols is traditionally clean the bedroom day. The childrens bedrooms are cleaned from top to bottom, old stuff chucked?recycled /sent to the charity store.
    The rest of the hols, my oldest goes out round the village with his gang. Ollie moans about the two hour limit on computers and Eden says, "mum can we do some baking?"
    Ours have just gone back to school and boy am I glad!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Coventry schools went back last thursday after 1 1/2 weeks off.... I think Leicester went back yesterday. It's nice now there aren't hoards of the little blighters roaming round the city centre at lunchtimes!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

my grandson goes back monday after 2 weeks of mummy works so me and other nanny are child minders i only have my grandaughter 2 days a week shes nearly 3 starts school in 18 months amusing her every week is not easy but i enjoy it used to have my grandson till he went to school now if i have him hes bored within an hour unless i play football used to take him to adventure playground and pets corner but hes to old for that now also depends on weather what you can do with them
        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw this post earlier this morning, then we had a short power cut, and we went out. i thought I'd imagined it, as easter was 2 weeks ago!
          here they just get 1 week off, went back on easter monday ( not a holiday here).we don't get half terms here either, but they make up for it as they get the WHOLE summer off! YES 12 weeks off in one go, and I used to wonder what to do with them for the 6 weeks in the UK!

Comment

Lisa - We're taking Nathan to see the Spiderwick Chronicles in Barnstaple tomorrow, as it's his ninth birthday. I can't wait. This is the first week of the Easter holidays and my husband is off this week too!!!

Next week I've got to encourage my 15yo boy that it's beneficial for him to begin revising, so I'll be printing off previous exam papers, so that he can see the gaps in his knowledge (not the right word, but close).

So I'll be trying to keep an eye on Liam, while trying to keep Nathan entertained with gardening and cooking. LOL.

After reading BBD's post I am liking the idea of tidying and decrapping their bedrooms, that would actually mean locking the front and back doors, so that they can't escape - hmm and the windows I think.
            Annette

Comment

Hmmm - I like BBD's theory of tidying bedrooms on the first day too. The if they get busy it can carry on until the second day too! Anya is on holiday this week and next and I'm busy finding things to do although mine will be helping me sort the craft room!!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                Hmmm - I like BBD's theory of tidying bedrooms on the first day too. !!

It works well because after that you know the room has been at the decent standard and you can demand that every day without having to live with excuses "i've got too much stuff to fit in the boxes etc"
                Once they are back at school there is so much work for teenagers plus the violin and vocal practice for Ollie that within two days of being back at school it looks like a bomb has hit it!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
                  Next week I've got to encourage my 15yo boy that it's beneficial for him to begin revising, so I'll be printing off previous exam papers, so that he can see the gaps in his knowledge (not the right word, but close).

So I'll be trying to keep an eye on Liam, while trying to keep Nathan entertained with gardening and cooking. LOL.
                  I've got the same problem Conner is 15 and sitting his GSCE's in the not so distant future (next month I think!!!!)

Trying to get him to revise is a nightmare - why do you see all these American childrens programs with the kids all studying hard for exams- that doesn't happen in my house!!!!

I spent a fortune on the past papers for him - didn't know you could get them on line though.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ilovecrafts View Post
                    I saw this post earlier this morning, then we had a short power cut, and we went out. i thought I'd imagined it, as easter was 2 weeks ago!
                    here they just get 1 week off, went back on easter monday ( not a holiday here).we don't get half terms here either, but they make up for it as they get the WHOLE summer off! YES 12 weeks off in one go, and I used to wonder what to do with them for the 6 weeks in the UK!
                    OOOh! Didn't realise you lived in Spain!!!!!! Sue xx ps Holiday in Solobrina in 3 weeks!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!! Yeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!Sue xx
                    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X