Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftdancer2
    replied
    This thread started four years ago, and the OP has posted only once more in 2014 since originating this thread.

I doubt these continuing comments have any merit.

Leave a comment:

• Knight123
    replied
    you have to kill an animal to get it simple as it

Leave a comment:

• hansara
    replied
    I really don't doubt your intentions in that you believe your fur is ethically sourced. Unless you personally oversea the entire production to know that piece of fur in your hand really did come from the source you're led to believe it did, you really can't vouch for that.

Leave a comment:

• awaisali
    replied
    Fur items

Originally posted by YWD66 View Post
    Hi

I'm looking for someone that is interested in sewing a range of items from fur, anything from hats to cuffs.
    The fur is all ethically sourced (we are members of the British Fur Trade Association)and will be free issued for manufacture into items. the range will be diverse and unique

Anyone wishing to get on board, please contact me initially and we can go from there

Cheers

Chris
    If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
    For more details visit site:

Leave a comment:

• kimmysawi
    replied
    Originally posted by eena View Post
    Ethically-sourced fur?

Please tell me more about this animal which lives a fulfilled and happy life, and whose skin falls off naturally without stress or injury ...
    Sperm Whale Skin and Giraffes Skin and some people are saying that Giraffes skin Have a Built-In Air Conditioner :P :P

Leave a comment:

• adwlrdsgg
    replied
    Someone recently told me I was very hard-hearted to have eaten Tidy the hen. No, she confessed she couldn't, and saw my point

Leave a comment:

• Daesul
    replied
    Originally posted by eena View Post
    Ethically-sourced fur?

Please tell me more about this animal which lives a fulfilled and happy life, and whose skin falls off naturally without stress or injury ...
    That's what I was going to say!

Leave a comment:

• carlangl
    replied
    ethical fur is an oxymoron.
    some animals are skinned alive.
    all live in tiny cages.
    many are farmed for that purpose. this is never a by product of meat. its produced too cheaply to make it worth thier while.
    all feel pain and have a right to life.
    are you getting the picture?

Leave a comment:

• carlangl
    replied
    ethical + fur + oxi moron (by definition)

Leave a comment:

• lillian770
    replied
    Don't think it is possible. Unless you find some kind a dead animal in the woods.

Leave a comment:

• Tedz
    replied
    Yes, there is a huge difference. Until recent years, there was little choice in shoe fabric. Leather was virtually the only choice, so leather shoes were a necessity. Either that or go barefoot. There is more choice now, but as somebody who is slightly obsessed with shoes, I can say that the quality is not comparable! For summer shoes, certainly, man made fabrics are fine, but for winter shoes, the comfort and durability of leather is far superior. Having said that, I have a rather large shoe collection. Out of those, I have about 7 pairs of leather ones - most are a few years old or more. The rest are fabric or other man made fashion ones. Not half as comfy, not very breathable, and they don't last as long, but I can get a fix for my addiction without using animal products! The sensible shoes that I tend to live in will last me for considerable years though, and are a by-product from the meat we all eat.....I've never seen leopard meat on any menu or supermarket shelf!

As for leather bags, I don't own a single one. Partly because I don't want a leather bag when I can 'make do' with a man made fabric one, and partly because I prefer the choice and lower cost in the cheaper fabrics! I have quite a few bags (to match the shoes!).

I also won't knowingly buy cosmetics of any kind that have been tested on or use animal products either. But, how many of us actually realise the amount of every day items that do. I was shocked to recently find out that even contact lenses are tested on animals - I wore them for many years without even knowing. Unless we pump ourselves full of vitamin tablets, then meat is needed in our diets, but so many other things are not needed at all, and we use for our own vanity or pleasure. I think eating meat is fine (for those who can afford to, and I wish I was one, to source it from ethical farms if possible), and to wear leather shoes so, as Dave said, the animal hasn't died in vain. It is a respect thing to use as much as possible. Most off-cuts of meat are used in cat/dog food too, so if the leather hide is also used then there really is hardly any waste. Perfumes, handbags, contact lenses etc.....are all vanity items, not a real need though. That's where I draw the line, personally. I'm hoping to go back to wearing contact lenses, purely so I don't need to wear my specs on my wedding day, but if I can't find a brand that doesn't test on animals, I'll go without. I don't WANT something that badly that an animal needs to suffer for my pleasure. I'll probably eat meat for tea tonight, and I'll wear my leather shoes, but I won't plaster animal products on my face, or wear their fur. I would much rather see that beautiful leopard on a nature programme running free, than draped over my shoulders looking hideous in the name of self gratification.

Leave a comment:

• Eyebright
    replied
    There certainly is a difference between wearing a pair of leather shoes and wearing a leopard skin coat.

Leave a comment:

• Loody
    replied
    Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
    Very true Loods, I'm a Buddhist so it sits not well with me either. I eat meat, I wear leather too, why not. If something has been killed be it needlessly or naturally then the least we could do is show some degree of respect by putting the by products to use. That said, I'm all for recycling but for necessity, not for vanity or ego.

Dave.
    My sentiments exactly Dave

Leave a comment:

• 3dDave
    replied
    Very true Loods, I'm a Buddhist so it sits not well with me either. I eat meat, I wear leather too, why not. If something has been killed be it needlessly or naturally then the least we could do is show some degree of respect by putting the by products to use. That said, I'm all for recycling but for necessity, not for vanity or ego.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Loody
    replied
    But the fact is they're still killed for vanity...... there's no place for that anywhere

Leave a comment:

Working...
X