Come to Malawi and Teach Crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come to Malawi and Teach Crafts

I am a British lady who runs The Responsible Safari Company based in Malawi, Africa. I have been trying to help a small women's group in a village close to us find a way to earn some money for their childrens schooling/future- small business ideas...My sister runs a site called Two Red Trees which sells crafts and i would like these women to make some items for my sister to sell back in UK. BUT i am rubbish at crafts of any sort! So I was wondering if anyone fancied a few weeks or longer in Malawi helping these ladies learn some or all of the below skills

1. Knitting
    2. Sewing
    3. Designing products that would sell to UK market- simple and locally sourced material etc

If interested then drop me an email [email protected]

This would be a voluntary position- ie unpaid but i could try and find free board and lodging nearby to the village.

Best wishes Kate

Hi Kate that sounds fantastic, I would love to find out more about helping out the malawi womens group. I am at work at mo !! so will contact you later this eve via email if that ok.

Thanks
    Jo x

Comment

wow what a great opportunity to meet people and teach them crafts, is this still going on?

Comment

Hi Kate,
        this is a brilliant idea. There should be a world-wide network of this sort helping both artists and local communities!

Comment

Great !
          That will be a great idea Kate,
          So whats happening with your new step ?

Comment

Hi,

That sounds fantastic and great fun, could you give me more details please?

Louise

Comment

Working...
            X