Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Dealer Button in clear resin - with logo and wording

Hi folks!

I'm looking for someone experienced with encapsulating items in resin. Here's a full description of what I need, and I'm happy to pay a reasonable sum - via PayPal I guess. Posted to a London address. It's a fun project I think!

When playing poker, you have a dealer button to show who's turn it is to deal the cards. I would like one made with my home poker "lounge" name. Here is an example of one from the web:

example dealer button.jpg

That example is double-sided. But don't worry about that, I just need single sided. Here's a draft graphic of my button:

BPL 002.jpg

The button will be in clear resin, circular, 75mm in diameter and 20mm deep.
    The 1st "level" will be one solid colour - the burgundy. This could be a dye in the resin; or it could be supplied by me printed on inkjet clear acetate high-quality. This will form the base of the button.
    The 2nd "level" at around 10mm from the top (mid-way in the button), will be the logo in yellow. This will be supplied by me printed on inkjet clear acetate high-quality.
    The 3rd "level" at around say 1mm from the top, will be the word "Dealer" twice as shown. This will be supplied by me printed on inkjet clear acetate high-quality.

The underneath of the button can be left as is. I don't need any felt or such like on the underneath.

I hope all this makes sense - and you can see the 3-level effect I'm looking for.

We need to consider:

Will the ink on the acetate be stable and not melt or dissolve etc?
    Will the acetate itself be OK and "blend" into the resin?
    Is printing on acetate the best way to go? I can't think of any other way.
    Logo: would it be best to print it on a piece of acetate the same size as the button - 75mm diameter - or to cut it down to size?
    "Dealer" words: same, one piece of acetate, or cut to size?
    You need to be experienced in placing objects in layers of resin. Especially paper/acetate etc., where you will need to get rid of air bubbles. I'm told you coat them in resin before placing them in the layer; and you then add a small amount of resin and let it harden before topping-up. This is to stop the paper/acetate floating to the top.
    You will need a circular mould. You might have to make this, or you could source one on the internet.

I think I would have 3 made in total. One of which may not have the 1st burgundy layer - it would just be clear.
    I can supply you with plenty of prints on acetate of all you need.

So many thanks for reading this - and let me know via Private Message if you have questions or think it could be for you. We can also chat about price.

Warm regards to you all, Peter

Can't help at all but have to say Wow you are serious ...We wanted similar, dealer button and personalised player card covers but we opted for acrylic cases that the discs fit inside. Vinyl overlays adhere to the inside of the covers or direct to discs and they are secure but easy and cheap to change if needed. Ours probably aren't as bespoke as yours will be, but cost around 50p per unit.
    Would love to see yours when they are done.

Comment

Working...
    X