Tabards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabards

Are tabards unisex? The company I work for, in the catering/hospitality sector, are changing uniforms from traditional aprons, worn by all of us, to tabards, but without offering an alternative for men. Your views would be appreciated

Like skirts and tights they were originally a male item of dress see here Not sure that I would want to wear any of these things in the work place today though. Do they insist that you wear anything else? I ask as a friend of mine worked for a company that insisted on ties being worn to work so he went to work in wellies, boxer shorts and a tie. They changed the rules when others started copying him.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

i think very few places insist on men wearing them, usuall opting for aprons, personally i think tabards are horibble! i worked in a hotel once upon a time cleaning rooms, us women had to wear the tabards and the men - nothing.
      Sophie.x

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBlue View Post
        i worked in a hotel once upon a time cleaning rooms, us women had to wear the tabards and the men - nothing.
        lol...obviously the men had work clothes on...it wasnt that kind of a hotel....
        Sophie.x

Comment

re : tabards

I should hope not!

They haven't as yet said they are compulsory for men, just that there won't be an alternative. The staff here think it would silly on a man, as we are dealing directly with the public, and besides, they are not as good at covering you as a bib apron, below waist, and aprons are good for lifting up the bottom and wiping your hands sometimes.

Comment

I have never seen a man wearing a tabard and I don't think I would like to either. They just wouldn't look right in my opinion. I think aprons look much better on men and women.

Melanie

Comment

i don't see that wearing a tabard would be a big issue,i am employed as a cleaner and wear one,after all there is nothing saying they are female only garments.

Comment

co-op online actually market tabards at the moment as unisex.

Comment

Working...
                X