Crafters in Leicester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafters in Leicester

Good morning I would like to set up a smallish group of crafters in the Leicester/Leicestershire area that would like to meet up for a chat and a cuppa every couple of weeks or so.
    I make alsorts of things but at the moment I am concentrating on my knitted and crocheted items. I also hand dye wool and would eventually like to spin my own yarn. If anyone is interested then please get in touch as I would love to meet up with like minded people.
    Hugs
    Nicky

Do you mean central Leicester or are you based in an outlying village. I only ask as I live on the Leistershire/Warwickshire boarder.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I live central Leicester, but if anyone is willing to travel then we can spread out abit. If people are willing to open their homes then we can take it in turns to host an afternoon.

Comment

I am originally from Leicester - lots of family still live there but the roads, ring roads and one way systems of the City centre terrify me. I was born in Braunstone, the same street as Sue watsername who wrote Adian Mole. I am not sure that it wasn't the same house. Anyway, i digress, I only wondered if it would have been Rugby side of the County then I would have made an effort but having been a country girl for many years I couldn't face city roads. Good luck with it anyway.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I'll be there in spirit if not in body

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi there
            I'm central Leicester and would love to meet up for a coffee & natter - I could pull along a few other crafty people too
            www.madaboutnature.co.uk

Comment

This is a really good idea, if was started, a good way of meeting other like minded people, sure I would have friends (jewellery makers, artists, etc) who would also be interested?

Comment

Hi

Yep I am in! Would love to meet up with other crafters.

I live about 20 mins drive from centre of Leicester.
                Debbie
                www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to be slow in replying but was away for the weekend.
                  It's great to see that people are interested, would people prefer during the week or weekend. day or evening? Where would you like to meet? It needs to be a place that everyone can get to. I am in New Parks.
                  I don't work so it isn't really a problem for me. It would be nice if we can get the first meet sorted before I go into hospital on the 22 April.
                  Look orward to hearing your ideas.
                  Hugs
                  Nicky

Comment

I think we might have enough for our first meet. Would you be interested in meeting at my house for the first one? If anyone is then it would be at this one eveyone can decide what you want to get from the group so please PM me so I can give you my address and we can sort out a date to suit everyone. If people don't have a preference to time then I will just have an open house on a day.
                    Hugs
                    Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by nickyb View Post
                      Good morning I would like to set up a smallish group of crafters in the Leicester/Leicestershire area that would like to meet up for a chat and a cuppa every couple of weeks or so.
                      I make alsorts of things but at the moment I am concentrating on my knitted and crocheted items. I also hand dye wool and would eventually like to spin my own yarn. If anyone is interested then please get in touch as I would love to meet up with like minded people.
                      Hugs
                      Nicky
                      Hi Nicky,
                      It's nice to see other crafters in Leicester and the shires, did your 'meet ups' get off the ground, I would be interested in joining, I live in Leicestershire but work in central Leicester.
                      Sally

Comment

Hi Sally,
                        No they didn't get off the ground I'm afraid
                        I was going to post tonight that i would be in Swiss cottage on a certain day next week but I have had a call from the hospital and they have bought my appointment forward a week.
                        I will try again when I am out of hospital and can travel, hopefully there might be abit more interest.
                        hugs
                        Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by nickyb View Post
                          Hi Sally,
                          No they didn't get off the ground I'm afraid
                          I was going to post tonight that i would be in Swiss cottage on a certain day next week but I have had a call from the hospital and they have bought my appointment forward a week.
                          I will try again when I am out of hospital and can travel, hopefully there might be abit more interest.
                          hugs
                          Nicky
                          Aw shame they didnt get off the ground, maybe with the weather getting warmer it might help!
                          All the best with your hospital appointment and I hope it all goes well.
                          Sally

Comment

I live not far from you just the other side of Anstey Lane.

I am a quilter and machine embroiderer making various items using my embroidery. Would be interested in meeting other crafters in the area.
                            http://community.webshots.com/user/a...host=community

Comment

Hi All, There are a few more interested in meeting up which is good as I thought the idea might have fallen at the first hurdle. I have now had my surgery and will hopefully be able to organise something in a couple of weeks time. I would be greatful if you could give me some feedback about the sort of place you would like to meet ie: cafe, pub house.
                              The Blackbird pub is a good one as we can sit outside, or the Bradgate arms in Newtown has a lovely comfy seating area and you can get a decent cuppa from there as well.
                              Anyway if anyone has any ideas then please let us know.
                              Hugs
                              Nicky

Comment

Working...
                              X