X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vgbear
    replied
    Hi

I adore VW camper vans and want one so much, but at the minute have to make do with all things related. So far this year I my husband has bought me several prints, mug, magnet, big VW camper bus bank to save for one.

I have even made this as I like them so much. (ah cant insert image and wont letme upload so I have put a link here).

http://www.misi.co.uk/product_desc.php?user_id=21507

Hoping to hire one next summer for a week, although will have to save alot of pennies just for this.

Leave a comment:

• swirlyarts
    replied
    How on earth did I miss this post?? Admitedly we didn't have 'Bumble' then but.....

We have a 1988 T25 VW campervan and we LOVE it. It's yellow and black - hence the name Bumble! - and we've just been away to the WV festival at Harewood House in Leeds. I had serious camper van envy but we won't be replaceing Bumble yet! If anyone hasn't seen Bumle then here is a link to some photos. http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2009/...ng-bumble.html

Leave a comment:

• ENIGMAG9
    replied
    Ive owned 2 campers and 2 beetles i sold my last project around 3 weeks ago she was a 1961 bug take a look on my flickr page

Leave a comment:

• Vivalabeader
    replied
    buses

I nagged my other half about one of these for ages.....I grew up with one, learnt to drive with one in Devon - called 'Poppy' - weirdly she was green! But it was like our beachhut on wheels and a lovely way to grow up.

i had this idea about 'the bead bus' and getting into festivals free and selling my wares............

but then we discovered that more in our budget was our retro little caravan - its called a rapido pop up!

pictures are on my facebook page if you want to have a look in the personal album. Its very cute - have my first festivals with it coming up in September, so that should be great fun - we're doing some car boots next weekend in it as its so small it goes in the garage (but this relies on getting all the crud out of the garage!!)

So, nearly there, and actually its more comfy, the bed is bigger than ours at home, and its more green so we're really chuffed with it!

C

Leave a comment:

• nettie
    replied
    Andy, if you go onto the figaro forum, autosupplyuk, quite a few people on there also have vw's and if you do a search you should come up with a few really nice piccies. A number of us also have Pt Cruisers too. It's a nice forum, worth a look if you like the retro look...

Leave a comment:

• vwbusstop
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyb View Post
    Thats ace. I have a late 70's bay and ive been into them for 20 years . I always like to see Different Interpretations of them and i think thats what got me into a lot of things with craft . I go to most shows still

You should be checking out vwbusstop event

I've been posting on Craftsforum for traders! Will be a great show!!

Leave a comment:

• indri
    replied
    Originally posted by silverjewelleryworkshop View Post
    Pink?

Caroline

Good try, close, but not right.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff & Becky
    replied
    My first car (about 20 years ago now - frightening!) was a pale blue VW Beetle which was (I think) only about 2 years younger than me.

Slow - yes. Prone to break down - yes. Cold and damp - yes. Rusting - yes. Would I have back now - most definately YES!

When the children are grown and fled the nest, we'll buy a VW camper and drive off into the sunset ...

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• silverjewelleryworkshop
    replied
    Pink?

We've got an apartment in the French Alps and there is a pink VW camper van permanently parked in the resort. The last time our nephews and neices came ski ing with us they were fascinated with "the hippy van" and wanted to watch it all night to see who the owners were. It's pink with big colourful flowers on the side, a bit like scooby doo's van; really cool!

Caroline
    Last edited by silverjewelleryworkshop; 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• indri
    replied
    My brother and his girlfriend own one (well I think its really hers), its known as the "big purple fun bus". They are not into crafts, more like bands and being goths. Bet you can't guess what colour it is.....

Leave a comment:

• The 8th Gem
    replied
    We have one...a mango green and beige 1976 Bay...with new leather seats...very proud and new owners of Noo Noo

Off to the local VW Show this weekend...Camper Jam at Weston Park
    with the Just Kampers club about 20 of us from JK going to this one

Andyb...a good one that isn't riddled with rust is still about £8,000

Pics..on Suz cosmic groove blog on old posts if you want to see Noo Noo

Leave a comment:

• SNOWF1975
    replied
    Originally posted by auntynet View Post
    Found it!!!!!

I'm not telling lies . . . . . . it is exactly as described! Just not life sized.

OH is really into cars so he knows exactly where you are coming from. And he really has got a real life marlin roadster. He'll be along shortly (when I let him have the puter)
    ha haha, brill!

Leave a comment:

• urbtaf
    replied
    Naughty Net she only bought it cos Ive been talking of getting a camper of some sort to cut down on the 90mile a day trip to the market and back. Doubt it will be a V dub as they still fetch a high price. Had a few beatles in the past and loved them, best one cost me £10 from a german, still had the german plates I ran it for 2 years, got away with loads of parking tickets, even got pulled for speeding once, but the copper found it too much hard work to explain to this non english speaking german, about speeding tickets
    EEE the good old days
    Did build a VW based Nova in the 70s, a nice 2.2 turbo engine and very little springing made it awsome. Doubt I would fit in it anymore, Nets cooking

Leave a comment:

• Andyb
    replied
    Originally posted by auntynet View Post
    Hehehehe - sorry but I couldn't resist.

I've been nagging cos I want my own little car (passed my test just over a year ago) so he bought me a "Ford Focus" for christmas.

I think I better go now. OH will be along in a mo.

Lol no need to say sorry . Thought it was funny and it made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• goldy1
    replied
    Oh gawd I know you too well Aunty as I was reading this thread I knew exactly what you were going to show a pic of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X