sorry me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry me again

Well firstly thank you for all youradvice.
    I contacted everyone as suggested in the last thread and as suggested did not pay the 100 pound tax bill I received.
    I have just received a statement today again asking for 100pounds to be paid by the 24th march. there is no mention of what I need to pay for this years tax. AsI said before I dont make any money and last time even though I made no moneyI had to pay 17 pounds.

Have you done the tax return? I got my letter saying I owed nothing there fore the fine was void.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Pauline is this for tax owed or the late penalty charge. did you file online or by post. If you filed before the 31st Jan deadline I would ring them and ask them what it is for there may be a logical explanation. If they want tax you should have a summary of how the amount is broken down with income expenditure and additional earnings etc. don't ignore it as this can lead to more problems.

Comment

Sorry I should have explained.I didsend my returns and yes I was lateas I was ill and missed the paper deadline and thought it was okay as I would use the online method.I had horrendous problems trying to do it online as by the time I got my codes through the post it was last minute but wouldhave been fine but it wouldnt let me onit kept saying that my details didn't match and wouldnt let me do it as I'm not very good on computers I was struggling I spent days on the phone trying to get through by the time i managed to get through to anyone it was the day after the deadline so I was told it was too late and I would have to download a form and post it so didn't post till8th feb. I got a penalty notice for 100 pounds for late payment.I was advised by freinds not to pay it and to appeal which I have done I dont make any moneysoI was told not too pay it.I have now got a statement with no mention of what I am due just the 100pounds penalty what should I do.I dont even have 100pounds.

Comment

Did you make a note of the name of the person who told you not to pay the penalty? even if you did not make a note of the name, complete the appeal process with a covering letter explaining the problems you had and that you tried your best to file online etc, etc. and that you were told not to pay by a member of the help line.

Comment

thanks I've phoned again and been told to ignore the statement and not pay anything just now thanks for your help. I tell you what I'llnever be late again it'stoo stressful.

Comment

Pleased it turned out okay. My year end is March so I always file when I receive the info, having worked in Accounts for over 30 years I never leave anything until the last minute as IR and Customs and Excise can be very unforgiving.

Comment

I've learned my lesson it wont happen again.I'm going to look for a book keeping course and be on track from now on.

Comment

I use DOSH/MYOB but you can do it on a spreadsheet. If your turnover is below a certain figure (used to be £14K, think it is more now) you only need to complete the short return. A spreadsheet showing income expenditure and capital expenditure should be all you need.

Comment

Working...
                  X