I'm so happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so happy!

I just got off the phone with HMRC as I wanted to confirm whether I needed to complete a tax return or not and it's NOT!

So anyone else who has registered after April 2008, I registered in June, will get forms in April for next year!

Ok so it only delays the inevitable but I am happy!
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Tax returns work by you sending your accounts/profits losses etc for the year before. So it is NOW that you should be keeping records of everything you buy, sell, costs etc

The Tax return that you get in April is for 2008/9 upto April and in your case June - April
    Rach

Facebook
    Website
    Blog
    Folksy

Comment

So glad your happy but as GlamGlass says, keep your accounts up to date ready for next year!!!
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oh yes I have been keeping records/receipts from the moment I did register so I am not worried from that aspect, and I know I haven't actually avoided anything I used to have to fill out returns online when I worked in the City so not concerned about the process but this would be my first self employed so possibly a bit more work than before.
        My happiness is cos its one less thing atm - we moved in December into an unfinished house so I am less organised than I would like - ok it's mild chaos - having to fish through the 'moving pile' for the box of receipts etc wont be an issue when my workstation is set up
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Oooo lucky you, this is top of my to do list for next week - made a start on it ages ago to be organised, couldn't find the date I registered my business (have to phone them) and now am last minute as usual!
          www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
          www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
          Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
          Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

I rang them the other day to see don't have to do mine until April either but I was a good girl and sorted out all my receipts and they're all on a database and in a folder now
            Website
            WWW.CUTTINGCREATIONS.CO.UK

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuttin...979559?ref=sgm

Comment

Well done Aviya

I on the other hand have left it all to the last minute and am tring to find out if I have access to filling out the 2 forms I need to fill in online rather than just the 1 SA form.

Ive spent the last few days going through my receipts mumbling to myself 'I spent how much!!!!!'.

I recomend that you write on your receipts what you used the items for as I dont know what I used half my purchases for! I seem to have spent alot of money and have nothing to show for it.
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X