Importing Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Taxes

Not sure if this should go here, so sorry if its the wrong place.

I wanted to ask if anybody here imports supplies direct from America and if so what is the first step I need to do reference import tax..........or does it happen automatically as it comes through customs?

I've been talking to a really good company and I feel this could be the way for me rather than buy wholesale over here. With the exchange rate it works out cheaper and thats with shipping added. So I need to know if I'm going to get hit by import taxes to the point where its not worth it.

Thanks for any help in this.

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Hi Pauline.

I've got no idea at all when it comes to importing large amounts but I do know that you can import goods with a value under around $36 without incurring any import taxes.

Someone mentioned on another thread that you can also get double the allowance if you have goods addressed to multiple people - ie Mr & Mrs .....

There was also a mention about a higher allowance if the package is marked as a gift.

You can usually find all the information you need on HM Customs and Excise website.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hi Pauline,

I've ordered supplies from the US a few times. Each time the courier has sent an import tax invoice after delivery.

Hope this helps
      Carol
      Sparklez.co.uk
      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Working...
      X