Business cards and stationary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business cards and stationary

I have just set up my new website and need to get some business cards, postcards, leaflets etc.

As I am just starting out I don't want to spend too much or get too large a quantity but I would like them to look proffesional.

I have had some photo's taken and I would like to use one of these as the background for my cards and postcards and then to have printed writing over the top. However all of the website's I have found have logo's and cards already made up and you just add your details so I am concerned that there will be other people out there with the same card as me.

Does anyone know of an online site where I could do this and not pay a fortune for what they call a bespoke logo service?

Thank you!!
    www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Hi Karen,
    Have a look on a website vista print. They have all sorts of free offers for things like business cards and post cards. I got 100(i think) postcards with my own picture on and details on the back for free, just had to pay for postage. If you register they send you different offers, mind i keep getting them every day. Hope this helps, and good luck.
    Sue
    www.artbysusanjefferson.co.uk

Twitter @suecreative

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggly Sue View Post
      Hi Karen,
      Have a look on a website vista print. They have all sorts of free offers for things like business cards and post cards.
      Sue
      I second that! I've had quite a few things from them (all free) the quality is really good too!
      Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Yep! I've used Vista print for my posh business cards and only paid for p&p and they arrived in about 10 days. They have had some really good offers lately with most being free (you just pay for p&p).

I know you can send the email to a friend but if you register with them for updates etc you will get a lot of emails off them (1 a day at least!) but bide your time as there will be some good offers on there at some point!!

Comment

I wish people would stop recommending VistaPrint, they have some very dubious business practices and have cost some people a lot of money
          http://www.thegeneva.com/wordpress/v...-****-warning/

p.s,. If you have purchased off them make sure you check you Credit Card Statement very carefully
          Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
          No Membership just visit & Browse
          Craftville.com

Comment

Vistaprint ****..?

Originally posted by splatcat View Post
            I wish people would stop recommending VistaPrint, they have some very dubious business practices and have cost some people a lot of money
            http://www.thegeneva.com/wordpress/v...-****-warning/

p.s,. If you have purchased off them make sure you check you Credit Card Statement very carefully
            I've been reading about this online too. Shame because their products are quite good especially for start ups. Has this happened to you...(or anyone else on the forum)?
            Mel

Comment

i make my own cards.
              i buy them from pc world and print them off.
              i made my own template from the dimensions they say on the packaging.

i was just reading about vista print. sounds worrying...

how about trying mailboxes etc?
              we used to get business cards/fliers/compliment slips from them when i used to work for another company.
              Av xx
              Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

I use cards made easy they aren't as cheap as Vista print but the quality is great. Laminated and virtually bomb proof and their customer service is great.

Cards Made Easy

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it happened to me!

I was more than happy with the cards after I put my own designs and writing in and the quality of them when I got them was good!

Trouble is its when they start offering you a 'free trial' and if you tick the 'yes' box they proceed to take out £9.95 a month from your credit card.

Daft as it seems I did'nt check my credit card statement for two months and I did not use it (smacked myself for not checking)! Anyway the long and short of it was it took me 3 months to get it sorted and in the end I did get the 3 payments back in full that they had taken out.

Thats what the catch is, so as long as you just purchase with them, and take up the offer of any free items that fine. just DON'T EVER take up their offer of anything that is on a months free trial!!!!!

I shall go back to them when my supply of business cards run out as I know plenty of people who do use them and have never been caught out as I and others have been.........I shall just be mega careful with whatever I tick next time!

Pauline
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

ive been using vistaprint for nearly 3 years and never had this money "taken" they only take it if you sign up for it by clicking the cash back option just be carefull what you clic on and you will be ok .
                    heidi x x
                    Thanks
                    Heidi x x x

Comment

I used Vistaprint and never again.

I was ****med for the £9.95 per month and when I tried to log in to my account I couldn't as it didn't recognise my login. I emailed them to get my login reset a few times so I could cancel the subsrciption.

Eventually after about 3/4 months or so they cancelled my so called subscription and I got a refund but only for the last month.
                      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm afraid I wouldn't use them on principle, any company that treats its customers the way this one does... its OK saying "just be careful".. but what if it was your 70 year old mother, or half blind brother..... you shouldn't have to be careful, the shopping experience should be simple and transparent.... this company is praying on inexperienced computer users and people that trust their "BRAND" they ought to be disgusted with themselves and anyone else who runs a shop ought to make it clear they do no support these type of practices .......RANT OVER :-)
                        Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
                        No Membership just visit & Browse
                        Craftville.com

Comment

We use vista a lot at Tiarastore (and I mean A LOT! some times five orders a week!!) We make the most of their free offers and have had all sorts of stationary from them, but have noticed that they can be a bit sneeky, if you don't watch it when you add certain free stuff it makes you pay for other 'free stuff'. We find the stuff good quality but you definatly have to be careful. Have not had the **** tried on us but will show my boss the link so we can be super sure!
                          Thank you

Comment

i'm wary of vista, they do that offer of free business cards but the postage is ridiculously expensive, kind of counteracts them being free!

i used http://www.moo.com
                            lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

Hi Jamjar are pretty good have used them a number of times, but I already have a design for my cards. Vista print aren't cheap at all they are quite expensive when you work out cost per card or letterhead.
                              Suzanne
                              Handmade Jewellery | handmade cards

Comment

Working...
                              X