Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuck for a good name :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stuck for a good name :(

    Hi everyone!

    I have been looking into setting up in business in a few months and I have been thinking about names for my company, and every name I come up with, the web domain has already been taken lol! Was ideally just wanting one word but it would seem that one word websites which are appropriate are not to be got! Is anyone else having this trouble? Also how did others get their inspiration? Feel like I'm hitting a wall with the whole thing! So frustrating lol!

    x

  • #2
    What do you do/make/sell?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


    http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

    Comment


    • #3
      hello there

      Hi there, you don't say what sort of business you are hoping to set up. What sort of things will you be selling, is there one thing in particular that would give us something to go on??

      regards Dody xx
      www.fairyglade.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        It took me ages to come up with my business name, I went through so many names until I came up with one that suited me, I had so many names laughed at by my friends before I found one that fitted.

        it depends what you do, what you want from your business name and whether you want it to signify what you do, you could have something simple like "your name designs" or if you make cushions for instance you could call yourself "your name cushions" but the second one would not allow you to diversify

        It might help if people post where they got their inspiration.....

        Mine comes from my initials and my "day job" (scientist)
        www.beadlab.com

        Comment


        • #5
          oh sorry! U can tell its been a long day! I make jewellery, been doing it for a few years now. I had a page of names and every time I put them into the domain search they are all taken! Feel like I'm going insane! I was going along the lines of Bijoux-Boutique, but its been taken! I want something kinda funky and vibrant but also something that could be construed as a brand, as my intentions are to open a boutique-like outlet in the future! If anyone has any tips/suggestions when thinking of names, I would be so grateful

          x

          Comment


          • #6
            The only thing I came come up with at the moment is......

            Sparklingcompany


            No idea whether it is taken or not.



            Andrew
            Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

            Even the best of us make mistakes!

            Comment


            • #7
              I would once you have chosen a name run it through whois or company house details to see whether the name/web address is taken. You may find a fab name only to find out someone else is using it.

              Bijoux-Boutique is nice but I have a funny feeling i've seen it before.

              Think about the type of jewellery you make, beaded, wire, ceramic etc and brainstorm like mad. Maybe you have a nickname you can incorporate. Maybe if you have children use their intials or a pet or a favourite place etc etc

              I came to my name Fraggies Fripperies by using my childhood nickname 'fraggle rock' and 'Fripperies' is based on the dictionary description

              What about:

              Jo-Jo Designs (sounds familiar again lol)

              Bijoux Beaded

              Joanne's

              Jo's Boutique

              Jo Jo's Boutique

              Beaded Boutique

              They are a bit lame but its a start and some could be developed.
              Im down with Fraggle Rock

              Fraggies Fripperies

              http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                It might help if people post where they got their inspiration.....

                Mine comes from my initials and my "day job" (scientist)
                This recent thread might get your creative juices flowing if you havent had a look at it already?

                http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...highlight=site

                hth
                shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

                Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is tough to come up with something original. I can only suggest Busy Bijoux and I have no idea if that has been taken already. Best of luck.
                  www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                  www.twitter.com/littlebead

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wish i could help you i cant even think of a name for my self andi have just gone on to anew web site so i have to come up with something real soon



                    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Title

                      Originally posted by fragg1es View Post
                      I would once you have chosen a name run it through whois or company house details to see whether the name/web address is taken. You may find a fab name only to find out someone else is using it.

                      Bijoux-Boutique is nice but I have a funny feeling i've seen it before.

                      Think about the type of jewellery you make, beaded, wire, ceramic etc and brainstorm like mad. Maybe you have a nickname you can incorporate. Maybe if you have children use their intials or a pet or a favourite place etc etc

                      I came to my name Fraggies Fripperies by using my childhood nickname 'fraggle rock' and 'Fripperies' is based on the dictionary description

                      What about:

                      Jo-Jo Designs (sounds familiar again lol)

                      Bijoux Beaded

                      Joanne's

                      Jo's Boutique

                      Jo Jo's Boutique

                      Beaded Boutique

                      They are a bit lame but its a start and some could be developed.
                      What about Beads by design? xx
                      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        New name

                        Originally posted by Joanne7 View Post
                        Hi everyone!

                        I have been looking into setting up in business in a few months and I have been thinking about names for my company, and every name I come up with, the web domain has already been taken lol! Was ideally just wanting one word but it would seem that one word websites which are appropriate are not to be got! Is anyone else having this trouble? Also how did others get their inspiration? Feel like I'm hitting a wall with the whole thing! So frustrating lol!

                        x
                        What about Beads By Design
                        Beads For You
                        Beautiful Beads
                        Love Sue. x
                        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is such a difficult one. I like Bijoux - what about Bijoux Jo.

                          DO you have some sort of story behind your jewellery and how you came to start making it? Like HopeJ on this forum has a nice story if you look at that thread that Shaz posted.

                          Or maybe do you have a particular fond memory or something you were crazy about as a child and you can always use something from that. That way when people ask how you got your name you've got a story to tell.

                          Keep us posted! Would be good to see where this goes...
                          Yvonne
                          x


                          My website: www.mymiyel.com
                          My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What about Beads by design

                            Err - hate to disappoint you but that IS taken. Look to the right hand column at our list of supporters.... oops!
                            http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow! Thanks for all your wonderful replies I seem to get a lot of ideas when I'm driving, then generally forget them by the time I stop lol! But on the way home last nite, while stuck in mind-numbing traffic (lol) I came up with:

                              Midnight Aurora
                              Luna
                              Obsidian
                              Enchanted
                              Dragonfly
                              Labyrinth
                              Fairy Garden

                              Not 100% on any of these but opinions are defo welcome


                              I really liked Bijoux but if you google it, the web is saturated with companies with the word Bijoux in their name, and its generally handcrafted jewellery so I think I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I done that! Typical!

                              All of this had turned my family into a brain storming team lol! Randomly at dinner someone will be like "Oooooh! what about...." lol! Anyone not clued up on what we're on about would think we were nuts!

                              Thanks again for all the suggestions! Its defo gave me some inspiration!

                              xxxx

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X