Launched my new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launched my new website

I've recently launched a new website for my handcrafted dichroic glass & silver jewellery. I have designed & created the website myself and would love to hear what anyone thinks about the site and my jewellery peices.

I started making jewellery last year and instantly fell in love with it. Within months I had upgraded my kiln so that I could start making larger glass objects. I am currently looking for ways to promote my site, and am going to be doing some craft fairs this year for the first time.
    Chloe's Designs
    Bead & Findings Shop
    Ebay Shop

Anne your website is great and your jewellery is gorgeous!

Your website is really well made and is nice and easy to navigate. Well done
    Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

just been looking at your site, the site is good and wow, your pieces are gorgeous!
      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Lovely work! Glass is a nightmare to photograph and your pics are great...love your wirewrapped pieces from the blog too!
        I think you just need to add your address to the site (sorry if I overlooked it) because of the new regs. You're a very clever woman!
        Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
        Dichroic Glass Tutorials
        Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Well done on your website, its lovely as is your jewelrey.

Tell me, where did you get your website from as I'm now looking to buy and build my own.

Pauline
          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Nice work, Anne, with the jewellery and the website, good luck with it.
            www.truebloom.blogspot.com
            www.truebloom.co.uk
            My Etsy Shop

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. It's always nice to get other people's opinions... being in my workshop all day long, I don't really know that many people to ask their opinion.

Oooh - I designed & uploaded the website myself. I learnt how to create websites years ago and this one took just a couple of days to do. I create all my own graphics too. I was worried that the buttons on my website might look too big?
              Chloe's Designs
              Bead & Findings Shop
              Ebay Shop

Comment

No they're not too big, they're nice and clear, the site is very easy to navigate - thats the bit I found hardest when doing my website - but I like the way you've got all the item categories down the side, then all the info pages along the top.

Nice bowls - they're great.
                www.truebloom.blogspot.com
                www.truebloom.co.uk
                My Etsy Shop

Comment

I ditto everything above Anne! - your website looks great, very stylish & sleek and easy to get around, very nice indeed - and your jewellery looks beautiful too, congrats to you

....is the camping link a hobby? I have a japanese import Mazda Bongo camper but only had it a couple of years and not once had chance to try it out camping yet, cant wait for the nice weather, determined to make it this year!

All the very best
                  Shaz x
                  Keepsake Kollections
                  & Rossendale Ramblings!
                  http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Its a nice site and the jewellery is lovely!

Comment

Love your stuff chick! Especially the strippy earrings that my eyes have taken to . Reasonably priced too. Well done on the site also.
                      x Maria

Website
                      Blogging
                      Facebook
                      Flickr

Comment

Thanks again for your feedback. I'm sooo chuffed with your comments. My websites not been uploaded long. I've been spending as much time as possible trying to advertise it and get it listed. I've emailed mailshots about mothers day coming up.... I've emailed all my friends and asked them to email all their friends about my site.... I've emailed online directories and magazines to add my site.... I don't really want to have to pay alot for advertising... but I would like lots of customers

If anyone has any cool suggestions about advertising sites.. I would love to hear them.

ooh - the camper van website started when me & my boyfriend bought a 1965 VW Splitscreen. Our best holiday was when we drove to Rome a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it that our 1965 bus made it to Rome & back in 2 weeks... we took so much stuff in preparation for a break down!! lol
                        Chloe's Designs
                        Bead & Findings Shop
                        Ebay Shop

Comment

Anne, your sight is great and your jewellery is amazing, I wish I could make stuff like that! I make bead and wire jewellery and am just finishing off my own website. It's scary, isn't it?

Just out of interest how did you get into making the dichroic glass, i'd really like to try out some new techniques and I love the effect this glass has?

Good luck with your new site!
                          www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Comment

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your comments. It really is giving me a confidence boost having some lovely replies from people. I don't know why, but I was really worried at first what people would think of my jewellery.

I started working with glass last year. I had tried a few crafty things out, but I was instantly hooked when I started fusing glass. I had seen dichroic glass for sale on some websites and just loved the sparkly colours. I bought a kiln to make silver jewellery with and then realised I could fuse glass in there too... and one thing lead to another...

I think I upgraded my kiln within a month of buying my first kiln! My first kiln was a very small kiln, but enough to get me hooked. Do you have a kiln already? Good luck with your website. I will definately check it out when it's finished.
                            Chloe's Designs
                            Bead & Findings Shop
                            Ebay Shop

Comment

Working...
                            X