Problems with Mr Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Mr Site

Are any of the Mr Site users having problems? I've just uploaded a load of new images, published the site and not a single product image is appearing.

So then, I tried to put the "under construction" sign up, republished and it was working fine. Then 5 minutes later I typed www.bloomingfelt.co.uk into internet explorer and it can't even find the site at all now !!

Arghhhhhhhhhh

Oh - now it's appearing fine. Will have to keep checking and speak with Mr Site in the morning
    Last edited by Blooming Felt; 27-12-2007, 10:59 PM. Reason: update
    Sarah
    For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

I've got so fed up with MrSite over the past 2 years that I've just transferred everything to another provider. So far so good. Even managed to get my email set up as an additional mailbox on my regular mail first time - tried for 2 weeks with MrSite and gave up.
    Sparklez.co.uk
    Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Picture it in Stitches View Post
      Are any of the Mr Site users having problems? I've just uploaded a load of new images, published the site and not a single product image is appearing.

So then, I tried to put the "under construction" sign up, republished and it was working fine. Then 5 minutes later I typed www.bloomingfelt.co.uk into internet explorer and it can't even find the site at all now !!

Arghhhhhhhhhh

Oh - now it's appearing fine. Will have to keep checking and speak with Mr Site in the morning
      I've had the same problem too, a few weeks ago when I was trying to update my site. In the end it just worked fine but when you publish the site it does say it can take up to 30 minutes so I guess that was why, I dunno?!

I haven't had the time to update my site recently so I hope it will sort itself out by the time I do update it
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Your site is lovely! Added it and your blog to my favourites!

I have a Mr Site site too but not had any problems so far. Hope not to have any when I add extra stuff to it over the next few days!!

Comment

It seems to have sorted itself out now - probably just a drunken hiccup as it's Christmas !!

Fingers crossed it won't happen again - I've got sooooo many new products to add and can't be doing with it messing me about !

Thanks for all your replies and kind comments though !!

Sarah x
          www.bloomingfelt.co.uk
          Sarah
          For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

I obviously spoke to soon - I can't access the website at all now !! or my emails - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Mr Site - how on earth am I supposed to build a profitable online business if people can't get onto the website ?!!

Sarah x
            www.bloomingfelt.co.uk
            Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

To be honest I was always having problems with Mrsite, that's why I ditched it. When I was using it the whole system would go down on a regular basis...plus I though the stock management system was quite poor.
              From what I can make out...If you have anything other than a small amount of stock on offer or you want a serious ecommerce website mrsite is not for you. There are plenty of web designers out there who can build you a decent site for not that much money these days...plus they'll have a better understanding of how to gain traffic! I got more hits in my first month with my redesigned site than I did in the 6 months I had a mrsite one!
              Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
              Dichroic Glass Tutorials
              Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Picture it in Stitches View Post
                I obviously spoke to soon - I can't access the website at all now !! or my emails - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Mr Site - how on earth am I supposed to build a profitable online business if people can't get onto the website ?!!

Sarah x
                www.bloomingfelt.co.uk

Mine is the same - I then tried yours as I know your with Mr Site too and neither work.....

Sommerwoods works though!!

This is the first problem I've encountered since I bought the package in July. Strangely enough, my husband is having problems with his site too (its not Mr Site package) but you can still get on the site, just no admin....

Maybe its a Christmas thing.....
                Last edited by Tip Top; 30-12-2007, 03:19 PM. Reason: wooopps! Spelling mistake made a swear word!

Comment

have problem with the site

Yes.I have some problem with the site.when I edit the pictures but can't use it correctly.Then I must learn and consult anybody.

insidepainting
                  LDX Ceramic & Inside Painting Gifts Shop

Comment

Can't Access Through Browser...

...I use AOl as my ISP. It's great mostly. but I can't use Mr Site through AOL without getting really cross and incredibly frustrated.

After struggling for months with AOl, my son (home from Uni) said to try Mr Site through Window's Internet Explorer. I always use IE now as I have no problems with Mr Site at all through that ISP.

I must get my finger out and do my Apple Tree Crafts site.....

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Tiptoptoppers and Bloomingfelt are back up and running! Mr Site says its something to do with windows update...

Jules, we used to have AOL and I know what you mean about frustration! It wouldn't let me do anything so I resorted to doing bits at work when I came in early. Now we are with BT and its a lot easier! I think AOL just does not like the software

Comment

yep - everything seems to be back to normal. I called them this morning and gave them a rocket ... they said they were having server problems, but it was all solved within half an hour.

Jules - I too use AOL but because of all the problems, was advised to update my site through IE. It all works fine now ... AOL is just one big pain in the backside as far as I'm concerned. Wish hubby would do something about it, but he won't

I spent all yesterday evening researching other ecommerce sites and the best (and cheapest) one I found was ekm powershop. They charge £50 set up fee and then £20 a month hosting. They've got an online demo site you can use to upload your own items to and try out all the different templates. The only thing I wasn't overly keen on was the fact that the templates looked a bit too professional for my site. I really like the look of my site but just couldn't replicate it on ekm. I'm sure there's a way and I've emailed them and will let you know the outcome.

I know someone who has 3 sites through ekm and they are apparently fantastic on search engine submission / SEO (although you do have to keep on top of your SEO yourself) - I'm wondering whether to transfer to them and hope they would get me on Google's page 1, or whether to stay where I am and give Google Adwords a go for a couple of months.
                        Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Have you looked at oneandone? My husband has his on there but I can't remember how much it is a month, but he has a limit of 10,000 items (he's at around half that now!)

I'm just reorganising my greeting card section at the moment as its a little slapdash and I'd seen your sub sections and thought ahhhahh!!

Do you have a minimum order amount on your website?

Comment

Yes - sub sections are great. Only trouble is you can only have one sub section per category. So I've got Felt Accessories as the main, then split it into the different accessories. But I couldn't then split each accessory down into say colours. But it's not too much of a problem - you just have to think carefully about how to structure it.

I'll pm you about wholesale prices from my site.

And no - I haven't looked at oneandone - will check it out though !

Sarah x
                            www.bloomingfelt.co.uk
                            Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

my bead store is run on ekm. (crystal velvet and your team colours are run on mr site)
                              I've been very please with ekm. They are very helpful and only a phone call away. The only problem I can think of with them is that you really need to know how you want your site to look. (think long tem and possible new lines, product etc. You are limited to two pages of non shopping pages so for example a gallery and an about me page.
                              One of the benefits is that you can multi link so for example on mine you can choose beads by style or by colour and the same beads will show on both lists. You can link to up to 4 catagories.
                              To be honest though, having run the ekm store I knew exactly how I wanted the mr site to work and there is a lot of lexibitlity with it. The obvious short coming is the photos. (on ekm each product can have up to 5)
                              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
                              X