Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business name help please

hello

i wonder if you could give me some feedback on my business name and tagline, love one ive picked but wondering if should have more reference to what i spe******e in which is vintage jewellery and bridal accessories - with few newer pieces

gertie's
    something old, something new ...

any other sugestions, subtle changes would be welcomed

many thanks

Hi and to the forum.

I did a quick google search for Gertie's and on page 1 I found a company called Dirti Gerties who deal with pre-loved clothes and accessories particularly for weddings. I think because what you're doing is in a similar field it could be a bit of a problem.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

hi natty netty
      thank you for the warm welcome and advice, have already spoken with an business advisor as i noticed dirty gerti also but isnt a problem as not an identical business name. think choosing a suitable business name is harder than writing the business plan

Comment

Just a bit worried that some of your potential customers could end up there by mistake - they google gerties, see their website and think 'aha that must be the one' and you've lost them. Like you said in your first post maybe make more of a reference to what you sell so those potential customers who click on dirti gertie will know straight away they've gone to the wrong place and keep looking.

I think you're right about how tough choosing a name is, I went with my nickname and with hindsight I'd definitely have put a more descriptive word in there so people knew what it was and also to make it more search engine friendly

Comment

oh i understand what you mean now, i have set my heart on having gertie in my business name though to honour my gran who i adored

other names/taglines have thought are :

miss gertie
          dear gertie

tagline - vintage jewellery and bridal accessories

Comment

I love miss gertie it has that vintage feel about it

Comment

I agree with nattynetty on the whole but to me Gertie doesn't give the image as something nice. It definately wouldn't make me think of anything pretty or to do with bridal wear. I know my opinion doesn't count but there could be other potential customers who think like me too.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

I like the name Miss Gertie but do see what others are saying, maybe if you add something like beautiful vintage etc. to your tagline you are softening up the perception of your company and image.

Follow your heart and you wont go wrong ..... and what helps for me is to sleep on the name until it feels right

Good luck

Comment

What about 'Miss Gertie's Vintage' or 'Vintage Miss Gertie' - Beautiful Jewellery & Bridal Accessories
                  Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Originally posted by Loody View Post
                    'Vintage Miss Gertie' - Beautiful Jewellery & Bridal Accessories
                    Oooh I like

Comment

I do think the expanded names sound better but then you have to think what you are going to say when you answer the phone. You can answer a shortened version such as "miss Gerties". Now think about the domain name and email address. Would you shorten this to missgerties.co.uk or vintagegerties.co.uk- is it available?

Comment

thank you everyone for your input

natty netty .. I LOVVVVVE *vintage miss gertie*
                        will sleep on it and most probably order logo in that name if available
                        thank you so much xx

Comment

Originally posted by gertie's View Post
                          natty netty .. I LOVVVVVE *vintage miss gertie*
                          Me too but I can't take the credit as Loody came up with it

Can't wait to hear updates on how Vintage Miss Gertie is progressing and I just know if you have any questions along the way there'll always be someone on here willing and able to help

Comment

The domain name vintagemissgertie.co.uk is available, so it the .com version. The .co.uk is much cheaper and I think its far more appropriate to have a co.uk domain name if you are British! Good luck, keep us posted.

Comment

Another vote here for Vintage Miss Gertie! I think it sounds sweet and memorable, and will be the only thing to show in the top search results I'm sure

About the tagline, I like something old something new, but I don't like elipses at the end - it makes it look a bit sinister almost
                              Coryographies on Etsy (bookshelf, tea, and sushi jewellery)
                              Coryographies' Blog (Join the free giveaway!)
                              Coryographies on Facebook
                              Twitter: @Coryographies
                              If you'd like to swap shop banners to advertise on each others' sites please message me

Comment

Working...
                              X