help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

I need help I'm so confused A year ago I decided to take my cardmaking a step forward I found out about a scheme called permitted work which I signed up for as I was allowed to do it while on benefit . I started selling but found it difficult to find anywhere to sell them I looked into doing wedding stationary but again couldn't find where to sell it. I went to businesss gateway and was told to register as a business and now a year on I've found out that it was only for a year and if I cannot support myself I have to stop and return to my benefit. I have not worked through illness since I had complications having my children I seldom leave the house and enjoy crafting and hoped that through doing this I could come off benefit and support myself. I wouldlove a little shop as the craft shop near us closed recently and there is nothing locally. I have no savings so I am stuck.I heard of a group called Business Able who allow you to trade safely to see if it is viable.I'm not sure what to do where do you find funds and customers I have tried the shops near me but they dont want to know.I have an ebay shop but it costs so much and I've only sold a few cards.Help me make my dreams come true I know it can be done I just dont know how all help and advice welcome.
    pauline

I'm on the permitted work scheme too. I find my crafting really therapeutic & it's really helping me through a difficult time. I don't know what I'll do when the year's up. My condition means that I'm not able to have a regular 9 to 5 job but working from home means that I can work when it suits me. No employer would consider taking me on with my history of illness, so I'm trying to build something up myself, with a view to becoming self sufficient but no, the powers that be would rather I did nothing more than sit at home & vegetate with no way of coming off benefits - it's CRAZY!!
    I just don't know what the answer is
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Nice to hear from someone else who is benefiting from the permitted work . I to am unable to work due to illhealth and have just found out that I am also diabetic .I am aggrophobic and I blame years of not being able to get out and I really enjoyed making my cards etc it has filled my life and I just thought that I had finally found some thing I could do and finally get off benefits but I didnt know it was only for a year. I am so addicted to it now that I could not give up the making. I heard about business able who help you to try a business without affecting your benefit and so I have an appt to see someone theproblem is I had an appt last week but I couldnt face leaving the house and had to cancel they changed it to this week and as it gets nearer I fear I will do the same again. I want this more than anything but they wont come to me so unless I can get there it's no good people dont understand what it's like. Its a vicious circle the more I want to go out the more stressed I become the more stressed I am the more ill I become. I just want to work away quietly in my home in my own time and make enough to get off benefitand have a little better life.
      With my cards and chatting on the forum is what keeps me going your'e probably the same sorry I dont mean to be so depressing.I would love to chat to you again.
      pauline

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
        I'm on the permitted work scheme too. I find my crafting really therapeutic & it's really helping me through a difficult time. I don't know what I'll do when the year's up. My condition means that I'm not able to have a regular 9 to 5 job but working from home means that I can work when it suits me. No employer would consider taking me on with my history of illness, so I'm trying to build something up myself, with a view to becoming self sufficient but no, the powers that be would rather I did nothing more than sit at home & vegetate with no way of coming off benefits - it's CRAZY!!
        I just don't know what the answer is
        Hi I hope you dont mind I had a sneaky peek at your website and just wanted to wish you well in your move. my interview is tomorrow and I'm petrified I dont know what to do I'm trying to destress by spending time on the forum enjoy your day chat soon .
        pauline

Comment

Pauline, I've just sent you a message, sorry it's taken soo long to get back to you!
          Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Working...
          X