Business Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Plans

Does anyone know a good source for business plans-particularly for a crafts based business?
    I had a meeting with a business link rep who advised me I should expand and seek investment but I should get a revised business plan together. My original has been rewritten about 5 times so far so I need to polish a decent one up before I go to the money men.
    Any clues?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
    Does anyone know a good source for business plans-particularly for a crafts based business?
    I had a meeting with a business link rep who advised me I should expand and seek investment but I should get a revised business plan together. My original has been rewritten about 5 times so far so I need to polish a decent one up before I go to the money men.
    Any clues?
    If you can get to a university library, there are some good management text books about writing business plans - I'm gutted that I can't find mine at home.

Try some of the business banking websites as well - HSBC have a template that you can use so that you know what to put in there.
    It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Thanks for the help-it's all very confusing stuff!....I been told by my Business Link guy to prepare a plan for grants...then he recommended someone else to do it for me....for £1500!....i'll have a stab at it myself I think....i've watched Baby Boom, I know the score!
      Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

There's a load of business plan templates on http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/te...plan&av=TPL000

I think they're free to download.
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

have you tried the business link website?
          to be honest i would worry less about the written bit and more on your financials if you are looking to get money!
          make sure you have a good marketing strategy- with very specific trading opportunities stated in a monthly/weekly "diary", it will help to show "sustainablility" -this seems to be the buzzword with new businessness at the mo

Comment

I have looked on the BL website and i've got a few templates. I'm trying to do one for business expansion as apposed to start up and it's aimed at grants and European funding so I'm trying to get examples of how I should pitch it. The BL recommended some people to do it for me but that's going to have to be a last resort!
            Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

i've been after so many grants i call myself the grant tart!!
              you need to get hold of the application details of the grant you are chasing and tailor the plan to that- one of mine insisted there was an environmental impact bit, others focus on finances
              i know successful business owners who have never had a plan!

Comment

Amareke-you're local to me....being a grant tart (your words not mine!) have you ever gonna after FAB (local authority) or MSIF funding?
                Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                X