website name - irritated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website name - irritated!

how annoying is it when you decide on a name for your business, then you go and do a search and damn, its already taken - .com .co.uk and blogspot! try a variation. taken. something else. taken grrrrr

back to the drawing board! (again!)
    Sophie.x

Tell us more about your business and we might be able to throw some curve balls that you might not have thought about :-)

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

That is really annoying and I remember how many variations I had to try before finding the domain which worked with my chosen company name. Fortunately it works better than what I had originally planned.

Hope you find a suitable alternative soon!
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

i'm not necessarily after a name that hints at the business. i want something quirky and original - this is part of my grand plan of being a recognisable name and rich, like Dior, Gucci, prada! hahahaha...in my dreams! lool. but those names don't hint at what they sell, they're famous for making super nice (and albeit expensive!) products!
        Sophie.x

Comment

Ah ok you are after a brand name :-)

Googled this - worth a try though if you are still struggling for a name :-)

http://entrepreneurs.about.com/cs/ge...iness_name.htm

Francesca
          * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
          Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthistle View Post
            Ah ok you are after a brand name :-)

Googled this - worth a try though if you are still struggling for a name :-)

http://entrepreneurs.about.com/cs/ge...iness_name.htm
            ahh a brand name, thats what i'm after! thanks for the link, its super useful. will begin brainstorming 2moro i think!

thankyou!
            Sophie.x

Comment

It's a tough one trying to find something not taken. It took a couple of weeks to finally decide on mine! All I knew was that I wanted Cat in it lol

I'm sure the right one will come to you

cj
              Last edited by Curious Cat; 22-03-2011, 11:56 PM.
              www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
              Become a facebook fan
              Check out my blog

Comment

Setting up mine the website I really wanted - Elins cards was already taken but not changed for well over a year But 2 years on I've just bought it! Yey!! So try to find out whether the one you want is being used or is dormant and if there's a chance you could eventually get it.
                Elin
                xx
                Come and say hello at:
                My blog - Elin's Cards
                My website - Cards by Elin
                My facebook page.

Comment

Been there its sooooooooo frustrating. At least when you find one it will be different. have you played with a word board., think of a word and write all the random words that come into your head from it or a thesuarus....

Comment

The places where you buy your domain name does usually give you other options such as store at the end of it or gifts. You have to buy the domain name there and then when you see it as I had the same problem. A tip from a web designer -try and buy both .com and co.uk
                    Handcrafted fingerprint, handprint and footprint jewellery

www.sweetbumblebee.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X