Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Business Account Verification

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Paypal Business Account and am getting a bit confused so was wondering if anyone can help me.

I have created a paypal business account and I entered my business name as Gill Oglesby Jewellery. I have added my new business bank account and am about to do the direct debit to verify the account. It said that the name on my account must match my business name which has worried me. My business bank account is with HSBC and the business name is 'Gillian Oglesby T/A Gill Oglesby Jewellery'. I checked with HSBC and this is because I'm a sole trader and so it has to be in my name, trading as my trading name. Is this going to be a problem? I know I can accept cheques in either my name or my trading name so will a direct debit be any different? Or have I set up my business name in the paypal account wrong. I can't see any way to change it now though.

Do any other sole traders with business accounts have this naming issue and was it a problem with paypal?

Thanks,
    Gill
    Gill Oglesby Jewellery
    Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Blog (...And By Night I Make Jewellery)

That is not a problem as my Business account is Caroline Nash T/A Carolee Crafts and the verification bit worked fine. Don't worry.

Comment

Thanks Caroline.
      Gill Oglesby Jewellery
      Website
      Facebook
      Twitter

Comment

Totally agree - my business account at the bank is my name T/A etc but my Paypal account is just in my business name and all was fine. Just double check the account number and details are correct before submitting.
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi

Sorry to invade these forums but did things turn out ok Gill? Have you had any issues since setting up the account?

I have recently switched from Abbey where the account was in my trading name entirely to HSBC business banking where the account is in the name of "My Name T/A Business Name". Paypal's bank verification process put me off a little when adding the new account, I would prefer for the Paypal account to be kept in my business name rather than appear as my own name.

However, if you had no problems just using the business name and you're also using HSBC for your business banking, then I guess I will have no problems

Is that the case? Has everything been smooth sailing as far as the bank account + Paypal is concerned?

Thanks very much if you do get to read and respond to this, I realise that the thread is a little old.

PS: The reason I came to this website is because this is really the only page that provided useful information based upon my different search terms at Google
          BlueHayes90
          Last edited by BlueHayes90; 11-10-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hi Blue Hayes welcome to the forum. I have a business account with HSBC and paypal and it is fine in PP with just your business name. with my bank account has both my name and business name. and the 2 work fine. I have never had any problems.
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Ok, cheers for that.

My business actually has nothing to do with what these forums cover, so I'm sorry to have come in and bothered you guys. I'm very thankful for the information though, after searching a little while I couldn't see this problem discussed elsewhere and HSBC wern't too sure if it would be valid or not either.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi Blue Hayes,

Yes it all worked ok. I had no problems setting it up and can transfer money to my business account with no problems.

Gill
                Gill Oglesby Jewellery
                Website
                Facebook
                Twitter

Comment

you're welcome..
                  Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
                  X