Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card printing...

Hi everyone...

...now in an ideal world where time was infinate, money was aplenty and patience was stored in large boxes behind the bed, I would make my own business cards. They'd be so unusual, vibrant, made of lovely crafty parts. They would sell my business all by themselves. It'd be marvellous.

...now in the real world i need a quick fix. I have done a simple business card design. it looks nice enough, it's functional and should be cheap to produce.

So my question is, where do you get your cards printed? I need a good value printer but equally I want the cards to look pro so I can be happy handing them out.

Got any suggestions?

Thanks eveyone.

Steve
    Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
    www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
    Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Hi Steve,

I got my cards printed from cards made easy. You just need to upload your image and they do the rest. They aren't very expensive.

I have heard that Vista I think it is do free cards but I don't know if you can supply the artwork or if it is set images that they use.

The cards made easy are good quality and laminated on both sides so they don't tear - and believe you me I have tried to tear them to prove them wrong.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Vista print do indeed do a feature where you can upload your image/design. It does cost but only once - once it is on their system then you can use it as many times as you want. I'm not sure if they include that with their freebies or not - worth a look though.
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Vista print are fab - I do all my business cards-postcards etc on there...Worth waiting for the promotions but once your with them they have promo's on every wk anyway.
        Just an idea.......why not make your business card with your crafty bits etc and copy it and use as a template for your card? Just upload onto there site and just add your text.

That way - its part of what you would like to do without the hassle.

Originally posted by kipper workshops View Post
        Hi everyone...

...now in an ideal world where time was infinate, money was aplenty and patience was stored in large boxes behind the bed, I would make my own business cards. They'd be so unusual, vibrant, made of lovely crafty parts. They would sell my business all by themselves. It'd be marvellous.

...now in the real world i need a quick fix. I have done a simple business card design. it looks nice enough, it's functional and should be cheap to produce.

So my question is, where do you get your cards printed? I need a good value printer but equally I want the cards to look pro so I can be happy handing them out.

Got any suggestions?

Thanks eveyone.

Steve
        Debbie
        www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

I use Vista also, they are great and seem to be good quality also. They do bombard your email though once you use them, but they do have good offers. I had some free?! leaflets from them which are nice too. They do put free on their offers sometimes, but you pay over the odds for postage. I guess this is where they make their money. I don't really have a criticism of them though.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

I also use vistaprint and their stuff is great. I like to upload my own images but the ones that they have aren't too bad. Everything always turns up so fast and they are sooo cheap!!
            www.purethoughts.co.uk
            Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

Originally posted by Soapwitch View Post
              I also use vistaprint and their stuff is great. I like to upload my own images but the ones that they have aren't too bad. Everything always turns up so fast and they are sooo cheap!!

I agree.....never had any trouble with them. And even if there postage is a little high for the free offers, its still far, far cheaper than going to the printers.

Quality is good too.
              I just wish they did bigger labels - need some for my big canvas boxes - a way round it though for me at the moment.
              Expand image and print my own as I don't use as many as I do the address labels.
              Still could do with someone else making me them - I have enough to do.

.............better get back to my glass!
              Debbie
              www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Thanks for your ideas everyone.

Yep I had seen Vista but not looked into them properly. It does seem excellent value. The only question I have is the 'thiness' of the cards? They are 215gsm. Cards made easy are a little more expensive but thier card stock is 360gsm.

Do the Vista cards feel quite thin or are they ok?

Steve

Comment

I always buy the vistaprint premium business cards and I was a bit uncertain about them before I first ordered, but they are made of good quality card, not flimsy or cheap looking, so they do the job for me for the time being!
                  www.purethoughts.co.uk
                  Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

I'm not sure what the thickness of the cards is but they have always been helpful when I have had a query so just write to them - it may even be on the website somewhere.
                    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

For what it's worth, I do my business cards on MS Publisher, using one of their templates, but with my own custom colour overlay on it. I then print them on an old Epson printer using card stock left over from when I made cards. You have to be sure that your printer will take that thickness of card (sorry, not sure how many g that is, but it is the normal card you buy for basic cardmaking). Not to brag or anything, but I have been asked many times where I get them done and is it expensive, so they must look alright.
                      Hope that helps
                      Mary
                      www.somata.co.uk
                      www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                      www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
                      www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your ideas everyone.

Yep I had seen Vista but not looked into them properly. It does seem excellent value. The only question I have is the 'thiness' of the cards? They are 215gsm. Cards made easy are a little more expensive but thier card stock is 360gsm.

Do the Vista cards feel quite thin or are they ok?

Steve
                        That was the reason I was swayed to go with cards made easy purely on the thickness of the card. I thought to myself you are giving an image of the company and I wanted it to be the best but with the least amount of money. Like I say these cards are virtually indestructable. Even went through the wash and came out fine!

Hope this helps.

Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant help. Thanks everyone.

I think I will go with Cards made easy. I really do want the cards to be nice and thick. I will get a smaller number made up, if I am happy with them then I will get more done.

Thanks again everyone, I will let you know hoiw I get on...

Steve

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just got my business cards from cards made easy this morning.

They are absolutely excellent. Thick, solid, well printed, nicely coated. They look very professional, just what I was hoping for.

I can highly recommend them. Thanks Lisa for recommending them (and yes they are virtually indestructable!!).

I bought 1000 to see how it goes. They cost just under £80, so about £0.08p per card. Certainly not the cheapest but I think it is so important to have a classy business card. Next time I will buy more and the cost comes down a lot.

Steve

Comment

Hi everyone.

(and yes they are virtually indestructable!!).
                              Told you, and want to know how I know - the washing machine, forgot I had a supply in my trouser pockets, went through the whole wash and came out without a mark on them (dried them off and put them back with the rest).

I tried to get my son to tear one in half but after 1/2 and hour puffing and panting and only bending the card he gave up (and he is a strong boy for 14).

Glad you liked them Steve.

All the best.
                              Lisa

Bowed Over
                              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X