Calling Somerset, Devon and Dorset craftspeople

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Somerset, Devon and Dorset craftspeople

Hi everyone. It has become increasingly obvious to me that making a living from arts and crafts - in my case arts - is pretty difficult, and over the recent weeks I have been exploring ways to get my art out there. I am in a local shop which is proving to be quite succesful, but I have also looked into the possibility of having a market stall.

In my research to this end I have come across a small unit to let in Newton Abbot, Devon within the indoor market complex , there are also 'normal' market stalls available as well. Now, I haven't yet been down to see the market so I have no idea about whats it like, other than what I have read on the web.

Are there any craftspeople from Somerset, probably a bit too far away unless like me you live near the M5 and are prepared to travel, Devon or Dorset who would like to explore the possiblity of sharing a stall (or even a unit which has certain advantages) perhaps setting up a cooperative in order to market and sell our products. No details have yet been worked out, I am just throwing the idea out and seeing what happens.

By expressing an interest at this stage no-one is obligated to take it any further, and it would be a few weeks down the line if anything were to come about. I am putting together some figures and basic information to send on to anyone who is interested.

Andrew
    Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

Even the best of us make mistakes!

I am in Somerset but sadly the other end, it's a 2 1/2 hr drive to Newton Abbot for me from Bath (my Stop Mother lives near there).
    Good luck with your venture.

Comment

I have just been offered a possible market stall at Exeter - Sidwell st. - which is not as far a drive for me, so if anyone fancies selling their craft alongside me at that location, then I look forward to hearing from you.

Hagar, I don't think that there are any indoor markets with available stalls in the Somerset area, I have tried a few with no long luck. If you know of any please let me know.

Andrew

Comment

I wish I was at the stage where I could sell on stalls and stuff - but only just starting on my ventures and have no where near enough stock!!

I'll remember you for next year though!

Stacey

Comment

Just stumbled accross this thread! I am in Exeter and would love to hear from people wanting to set up stalls in this area!

H x x

Comment

See I am in Bournemouth and would be interested in hearing more.. travelling doesn't faze me. (love driving - another hobby of mine lol) I do however work closely with health professionals too so it would depend on how much stock i would need etc... More info please???

Thanks in Advance

Caron x
            www.CarLisaCrafts.com
            Concentrating on Bereavement;
            Because Memories Matter...

My BLOG; http://carlisacrafts.blogspot.com/

Join me on facebook; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?v=photos&ref=ts#/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?ref=ts

coming soon www.CarLisaCrafts.co.uk too

Comment

Hello!
              I am just about to start a craft shop in Devon if anyone is interested..?
              Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
              Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

I'm relocating to Devon soon (couple of months).. about 5 miles from Exeter..

I don't do a 'huge' amount of stalls as it's more of a hobby than anything.. but would be interested in venues to sell etc..
                Nici

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goblin-Dreams/33795458652
                Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/goblindreams
                Blog:
                http://goblindreamer.Blogspot.com

Comment

If you are interested Nici get in touch!

Comment

Just an update....

For various reasons I haven't been on this forum for a long time, those reasons have now been sorted and I am looking forward to getting back into things. Money matters have meant that I won't now be looking at opening a shop - at least not on my own - although I would be interested in joining forces with other artists/crafters.

I have had an exhibition of my work and got some art into a local shop and am now looking to get into art/craft fairs and exhibitions. As usual I have loads of ideas but am not getting carried away. Planning is everything and I am taking time to work through the options, but if anyone fancies joining forces and discussing the options available to us artists and crafters then please get in touch.

Comment

I haven't been on here for a while either, you might have seen on previous posts that we are in the process of relocating to Devon near Tiverton (taking a lot longer than hoped but thats solicitors for you) to take over a garden nursery and will be opening a craft shop on site. If anyone is still interested give me a shout for details. What sort of art do you do Somerset? Will also at some point have a tea-room/art gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by somerset artist View Post
                        Hi everyone. It has become increasingly obvious to me that making a living from arts and crafts - in my case arts - is pretty difficult, and over the recent weeks I have been exploring ways to get my art out there. I am in a local shop which is proving to be quite succesful, but I have also looked into the possibility of having a market stall.

In my research to this end I have come across a small unit to let in Newton Abbot, Devon within the indoor market complex , there are also 'normal' market stalls available as well. Now, I haven't yet been down to see the market so I have no idea about whats it like, other than what I have read on the web.

Are there any craftspeople from Somerset, probably a bit too far away unless like me you live near the M5 and are prepared to travel, Devon or Dorset who would like to explore the possiblity of sharing a stall (or even a unit which has certain advantages) perhaps setting up a cooperative in order to market and sell our products. No details have yet been worked out, I am just throwing the idea out and seeing what happens.

By expressing an interest at this stage no-one is obligated to take it any further, and it would be a few weeks down the line if anything were to come about. I am putting together some figures and basic information to send on to anyone who is interested.

Andrew
                        Hi Andrew,

Great initiative! I hope it goes well. I live in Cheddar so it would be a little too far for me to travel. However, I am organising a craft fair on Sat 7th April, 10am-1pm at Draycott Memorial Hall (Near Cheddar) and it would be great if you would like to book a stall.

Comment

CupcakeWoods, did you check the dates on this thread ...?

Comment

Working...
                          X