starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting out

Hello all, I was thinking of selling some of the craft items ive made now that my daughter has started nursery. Do you get many sales on etsy and folksy? im a bit nervous about stating out aswell. Have you any advice at all?
    Before a had my daughter I sold a few cards through my husband's work place, that was quite a few years ago now. Also what keep you motivated when you start out as a business?

sarah

You can still get sales even in this climate but times are tough at present, I have found that customers are waiting until the last minute to buy eg Valentines etc. Where as before they may have bought in advance of an event. Have never sold on Etsy or ebay not sure about the latter as I think it is now too expensive for smaller items, or that matter larger ones. Several others now Dawanda, Coriandr, Misi and more but my memory is failing me at the moment.

Motivation, now that is a different story can be hard always working by yourself can be hard and I like others on here will be the first to admit to loss of Mojo or creative blocks. The main thing is to love what you do and enjoy it if you do anything just because you have to the novelty can wear off.

Give anything a go at least once and you will never regret the 'What if's'. good luck with your venture everyone on here is helpful and will always attempt to answer your questions along with the support you get from fellow crafters.

Comment

I agree.

In the process of setting up a site myself, and maybe misi too eventually, I like the challenge I've given myself, lol.

My motivation is generally being creative. If I wasn't creative, then I wouldn't be me. (if that makes sense).

My biggest motivation for starting an online store however, is the 'what if' factor. I know I'd have regretted it if I didn't at least try things out, and see what happened.

Never be afraid to fail. Even if you do fail, at least you had the guts to try.

(maybe I should make that my mantra, and add it to my signature, lol)

Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
      ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

I agree with both members ... you never know where it may take you! Go for it and enjoy yourself along the way Good Luck Sarah. xx
        Sarah

Comment

You may as well give it a go. It can be hard to stay motivated if sales are slow for a while but when you do get one it's a great feeling! Maybe you should give yourself a time frame so if you have your things online for say 6 months and don't enjoy the process you could just say you gave it a try but it wasn't for you.

Helen

Visit my blog!
          http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
          www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Lmao Sarah, ok... I might.
            Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
            ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. Like someone said to me, crafting can be a very solitary business but by dropping in on this site from time to time its nice to get feedback and to look at the other messages. I just need to have a good clearout in the attic room now so I can get started!

Sarah.

Comment

Working...
              X