Cheeky information request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky information request

*blush* Yep... this is a cheeky request for information from anyone who already has a business up and running and uses paypal.

I want to use paypal for customer payments, as it seemed the easiest way all round. But, when I look into it, things are getting complicated.

I set up a bank account separately for this purpose, wanting to keep all this away from my usual account. I set up bank funding in paypal, figuring this was the best way to transfer any payments directly into my bank account.

Now I have a problem. If I want to pay for anything myself, it appears that it wants to use my bank account over and above my credit card, which I don't want.

Does anyone know if I can possibly change this? In the terms of paypal it states that it will use the bank before the credit card, so it seems I might have to remove the bank details... but then I can't transfer any funds into my 'business' bank account!

I'm dying here! Please help!
    Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
    ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Hi

I am not a lover of pay pal!
    Others may disagree, they are great when all goes well - but when there is a problem - oh boy! I know of many who have had serious issues.

Just google "problems with paypal"

Remember they are not a bank and are not covered by any banking institutions or ombudsmen.

Tread carefully

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I'm beginning to think that too. If I want things to run separately, then it looks like I might have to go down a different route, and not use paypal. *sigh*

It just seemed the easier way to go, but it's all getting just a tad too complicated.
      Rach x

Comment

I have never had a problem with them personally.

The easiest way round this I would think is to set up another paypal account. You will need another email address from the one you already have registered, but it should be possible.

HTH
        Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Fully agree with what Harriet has just said - that's exactly what I do: have a paypal account to take payments from web purchases, but have an entirely different account for my own purchases.

As a buyer I use paypal because I'm confident my details will be secure, as a seller I use paypal as its free (OK - I have to pay a percentage on sales, but I don't have to pay anything up front, so helps with cash flow) and because many buyers are confident & comfortable with using paypal.
          site: www.dotsandspots.biz
          blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
          MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

Comment

A Jeff & Becky, I have 2 accounts one which is my personal one and one for business, that way it keeps everything separate.

Have never had a problem with paypal and use it a lot. It does seem to be the most trusted.

Comment

I avoid Paypal wherever possible - mainly because if I want to pay with my account Visa card it tells me that I have to open an Paypal account or use another card and I haven't found a way of contacting Paypal to sort it out.

Even if I'm using the card for our joint account if I can find what I want on a none Paypal site I go there.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

Same here, I have a personal and business Paypal account, using different email addresses.

Note that you can transfer money for FREE between both accounts if you choose the option ''personal payment''. I do this all the time

If it chooses your bank account, I suspect it's because there are no funds in your Paypal account. You should be able to choose the funding source though, but if there is no money in your Paypal account it will automatically default to your bank account or credit card.
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                  I avoid Paypal wherever possible -
                  I am not the only one!
                  Please do more research and read small print on pay pal.

Seller beware

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I answered your question on another thread - before I saw this one.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22351
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Relighting this thread.

I'm now thinking of going down the non-paypal line, and have been looking at Nochex.

Has anyone used that kind of thing before?

Would you be happy to use that, and not paypal if you were a buyer?

I'm still kinda confused over all this, but after this week I have a week off work, where I hope to get something sorted out. (for something, probably read anything, lol)
                      Rach x

Comment

I had loads of trouble a while ago with Paypal as it developed the inability to recognise my email then Paypal closed my account?? Very annoying as I had loads of verified buyers. I just opened another one different email account and it's fine.
                        Both OH and I have incidents of fraudulent buys but these were dealt with very quickly and efficiently by Paypal.
                        So there is my good n bad but it is very easy to use and since opening new email have had no issues.
                        As others have said just keep an eye on things
                        Terry xxx
                        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Hmmm. Is there a way to do paypal and Nochex I wonder..?

Too confusing!

Rach x

Comment

Hi. I'm not sure about Nochex I have been unable to buy from some sites because I cant use my business card on it because it is a debit card and not a credit card. I much prefer paypal.
                            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

In my experience Nochex is a pain.
                              Elinor
                              x

My Misi page
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X