Tax credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits

Following on from a couple of recent threads i thought I'd just make sure that everyone knows about Tax credits.
    There are two sections to tax credits the first being child tax credit which is a benefit payable when you have child(ren) and you or your partner work over 16 hours per week. The second part is working tax credits and you do not need children to apply for this.

Basically if you are working or are working as a self employed person for 16 hours or more you may be entitled to this benefit. It is basically a top up for your earnings. You may also be entitled to additional benefits such as free eye care / prescriptions or dentistry.

you can get further details from: http://www.workingfamilies.org.uk/asp/calculator/
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

If I could give you rep for being so helpful, I would.

But I can't.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
      If I could give you rep for being so helpful, I would.

But I can't.
      Ahhh you have to spread the love around!!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks for above, although I don't think you qualify if your partner earns a reasonable ammount (although no idea what that ammount is, I know I don't qualify! )

Stacey

Comment

I think the amount is about £16,000 though it was last year when I checked. I was furious as I only found out after supporting my other half for a year that I could have been claiming this all along and they don't let you backdate it! Unfortunately I realised 2 weeks after I had got fed up and moved out. I told everyone else I knew at that point about it though. They don't really advertise it much... I guess they don't really want to pay out...

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Originally posted by elzi View Post
            I think the amount is about £16,000 though it was last year when I checked. I was furious as I only found out after supporting my other half for a year that I could have been claiming this all along and they don't let you backdate it! Unfortunately I realised 2 weeks after I had got fed up and moved out. I told everyone else I knew at that point about it though. They don't really advertise it much... I guess they don't really want to pay out...
            Yes but bet your bottom dollar if you had paid too LESS TAX they would backdate it so you owed them!!

Comment

Working...
            X