Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Does anyone know of places doing grants for small business ?
    As i sure could do with one right now i have run out of money with trade being bad .
    Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Oh dear,

I had a quick look at the Business Link website which is a mine of information regarding raising finance for business etc. I don't have enough posts yet to post URL's, but if you go to the main Business Link dot gov dot uk website and follow the links it might point you in the right direction.

Home> Finance and Grants> Grants and Government Support.

There is a searchable directory of grants and available support so you might find something appropriate there?

Good Luck and all the Best

Alison
    http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

I was going to mention Business Link as well. When I had a meeting there a few years ago, they were trully hopeless, but I understand things may have changed.
      Definitely book an appointment to discuss your options with them. Maybe you can also try the local Chamber of Commerce?

Be prepared for lengthy form filling... and good luck!
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

We looked into the possiblity of grants for small businesses earlier this year and came up with a big fat zilch - unless you're under 30 years old.

Maybe we should start a campaign on the grounds that they're all being ageist!
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thank you everyone i am with business link and have tried them there is nothing at the moment for me they said and i am well out of it then as i turn the BIG 30 in feb.
          Gods i am dreading it lol.
          I will keep looking and selling what i have on e-bay soon i hope.
          Its just alot for my hubby to pay the bills keep aroof over mine and the kids heads and fund my little business.

Comment

There are plenty of other places to try than Fleabay.
            Folksy
            Missi
            Dawanda
            Etsy
            are all craft selling sites.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Flea bay i like it lol.
              I will look at the ones you have said .
              Thank you

Comment

Hi Again,

If it helps, I kind of understand your situation. I turn 30 in Feb and am expecting my 2nd baby in March! My 1st is only going to be 15 months old and I am soooooo tired I haven't the energy or excitement to try and keep my business going at the moment.

I have a few things listed on eBay too but things do seem to be quiet at the moment. Hopefully they will pick up once people get back to work and start spending/ wasting their lunch hours surfing again! LOL

I wish you all the best and I am sure things will pick up soon.

Alison
                http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

Working...
                X