Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G M Imber-how long to arrange insuramce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G M Imber-how long to arrange insuramce.

Hi,
    I'm a newbie, to the forums and to running a craft business in general.
    I've been offered a stall at our local market this Saturday, but I need public liability insurance. I only found out about the stall on Tuesday, so I immediately downloaded an application form from GM Imber (have been looking around and decided they offered me the best cover for the price, as I'm also selling online) and posted it first class that evening with my credit card details.

Now I'm getting myself into a bit of a tiz in case it doesn't come through on time as I'd need to have the paperwork by tomorrow. I know I was cutting it a bit fine, but I hadn't been planning on having a stall until it was suggested to me, and it seemed too good an opportunity to miss.

I just wondered if anyone could tell me how long it took for them to receive their documents? Am I being a bit too optimistic thinking I might get them by tomorrow!
    my website: www.thelittleglasskiln.co.uk
    twitter: www.twitter.com/littleglasskiln

Didn't get mine through these people but why not ask them to e-mail you a copy of the insurance? I found my insurer on-line, downloaded their form and rang to ask them about cover. They said I would be covered from the moment they received my cheque and I got the certificate within days. Having said that I haven't been asked to show it since despite being told I needed it!
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Ooh, if an email copy would be OK i might have to do that tomorrow if it doesn't turn up.

I just didn't want to phone today and come across as pushy- that might just have the opposite effect and make it all take longer, so I thought I'd ask here what other people's experiences were
      my website: www.thelittleglasskiln.co.uk
      twitter: www.twitter.com/littleglasskiln

Comment

I've previously had my insurance through this company and if I recall mine was all a bit last minute too. I've got a feeling I rang them a couple of days before my fair and was covered straight away, think they told me my policy number so I could quote it to the fair organiser and luckily that was sufficient as the actual document arrived a day after the fair.

So I'd say give them a ring to at least get your policy number from them
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
        X