anyone own a craft/coffee shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone own a craft/coffee shop?

I've decided recently that I would LOVE to open up a crafts cafe...a place that sells lovely cakes and coffe for people to relax, a selection of crafts (includong my jewwellery and cards) and also crafts for people to diy...a bead section etc. Is it just a dream or do these types of places really exist??

SNAP - I've had the same idea

I even have a name in mind!!
    www.sewtobed.blogspot.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    www.picturetrail.com/sewtobed

Comment

Funnily enough me too - I think a lot of us have that same vision of happiness!
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

That sounds like a great idea, I have never seen one of them before so you could proberbly do very well

Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
        Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

Comment

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
          If you open one can I put some mosaic mirrors in the WC?
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Yeah same here too I bake cakes all the time (good job my neighbour doesn't mind, she ends up with a third every time!) and I always thought about a coffee shop with a craft area (beading in my case!!!). I actually thought about opening a coffee shop before setting the online beadshop actually.
            I am not sure it has been done, not that I know. Wouldn't it be great though!
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
              If you open one can I put some mosaic mirrors in the WC?
              Absolutely, it's a deal!!

Comment

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
                So where do u all live? Maybe we could make it happen! Or maybe I've had to to drink!. Too Much cherry brandy... im in stamford. X

Comment

There are quite a few scattered around in tourist areas - pick the right spot and it would work well.
                  ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                  website
                  blog

Comment

Having run a restaurant with my family many years ago, I'd say you'd need to be in a good partnership! The catering side takes up so much time and energy, it's impossible to do it all yourself! I used to make the cakes and puddings for our place, but in the end, churning out the same stuff, day in, day out, nearly drove me potty. And there was never time to do anything else! If I never see another toffee banoffee pie again, I'll be happy!
                    Cathy xx
                    http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                    http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                    http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                    I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

LOL I live in Leamington Spa and I am sorry to say I don't actually know where Stamford is, excuse my ignorance!

Comment

Same dream here!
                        Sarah

Comment

It is a great idea, I was hoping to be able to use the stidio as a cafe but the planning dept have said it can't happen with all the new rules so in the mean time I'll stick with the craft shop untill a better place turns up
                          Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cardsbykatie View Post
                            I've decided recently that I would LOVE to open up a crafts cafe...a place that sells lovely cakes and coffe for people to relax, a selection of crafts (includong my jewwellery and cards) and also crafts for people to diy...a bead section etc. Is it just a dream or do these types of places really exist??

Is Stamford quite close to Lincoln? That's where i'm from and i go home quite regularly, this kind of place would be great there, as far as I know there isn't anything like it. Near where the new museum is there are some studio spaces that might work well, they are half way up the hill so not too hard to reach. I enquired about them but can't remember how much. If you want the number I still have it
                            Dee x
                            Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                            Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                            Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Being back at school on a Monday morning is making me think even more that I really want to open up my craft/coffee shop!! It started off as a dream but I'm seriously considering looking into it properly now.....

Comment

Working...
                              X