All Over the Shop BBC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Over the Shop BBC2

Hubby taped this programme for me last night and it's on every Tuesday 7.30pm BBC2. It's basically a guy trouble-shooting small retail businesses and although I know there's not loads of us here with physical shops I think a lot of the advice can be transferred over to website/craft fair businesses too. Hubby felt it was a bit lightweight but tbh after putting in a 12 hour day yesterday that's all I could handle anyway and I did feel some of the advice was useful
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Thanks Netty - will have a look at it - any tips and pointers at the moment will help with the credit crunch.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that natty, I will look out for it, I need all the tips I can get at the moment, bit new to it all.
      Sarah

Comment

just watched in i player. it was almost stating the obvious. however, I found myself face to face with my own dilema. I will not sell excessive things to people. They don't need 15 different pairs of pliers when they are starting out. I tell them exactly wat they do need. So i guess I'd have been in trouble!!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Have also just watched it on iplayer as beads by design said don't like to oversell. The only thing I thought of was when I sell say something to offer a gift box extra plus wrapping and tagging, also maybe suggest a card as well.

Love these sort of programmes, Apprentice, Dragons Den, Martha Stewart apprentice, The Cut etc etc. Am always willing to learn and try something new.

Thank you Nattynetty for pushing me in the right direction.

Comment

Oooooh I will see if I can find it...I love these kinds of programmes too.

What ever happened to the scarily forceful Ruth Badger? I thought she was brilliant in Badger or Bust....

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
            plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
            Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Im glad I taped that show.Il watch it at some point soon.
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
                Oooooh I will see if I can find it...I love these kinds of programmes too.

What ever happened to the scarily forceful Ruth Badger? I thought she was brilliant in Badger or Bust....

I would have thought she was due for another series but no mention.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                  just watched in i player. it was almost stating the obvious. however, I found myself face to face with my own dilema. I will not sell excessive things to people. They don't need 15 different pairs of pliers when they are starting out. I tell them exactly wat they do need. So i guess I'd have been in trouble!!
                  I have that problem, hubby despairs cos even though I sell stamp cleaner I tell people that baby wipes are cheaper and work just as well Although I believe that by being honest with customers it builds up a trust and that can't be bad for a small spe******t shop can it?
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Good programme,saw it tonight.

Comment

I saw it last night it was very good, a craft type business was featured. One of their problems was that they had no internet presence, which to me seems to be a essential in business today.
                      http://twohootscraft.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=home

The owls made me do it.

Comment

i am the same i sell a ladybird massager £2.99 and a omni £14.99
                        i tell my customers the cheaper one is much better which it is will never make a millionaire. but hope they will come back because i tell them the truth
                        racheal
                        Racheal
                        www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X