Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Business Cards

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good place to get business cards printed? I've had a quote from Kall Kwik which seems mighty high £100 for 500 or is this just me completely out of touch? I don't need anything fancy, just as long as it's not on tissue paper!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
    You can see my collection of hand made shower caps at:

Quite a few people on here, including myself, use Vistaprint as they always have promotional offers on. I think they are doing 250 business cards free at present, so you only pay for extras and P&P.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Thank you very much! You have just saved me £93!!!!!!!

Can you tell me, is it worth paying the extra for the heavier weight (265g/m) card or does their standard card feel quite thick?

I am SO pleased for the recommendation, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Their standard card is just fine, if you order anything from them, they'll send you loads of free offers, including their premier business cards
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Vistaprint is good.

Moo.com do small little cards which are great. You can print a picture of something on the front and then your details on the back. I find they are great to pop into the little organza bags I give with my jewellery.
          Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
          http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
          http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Marvellous, thanks very much for the recommendations. I'll be putting an order with Vistaprint shortly and will have a gander at Moo.com (great name!)

Can't help wondering how Vistaprint be so cheap though? I mean, how does it make its money?????

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly Daydream View Post
              Can't help wondering how Vistaprint be so cheap though? I mean, how does it make its money?????
              Who cares?
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Lol! Just want to make sure I don't get bitten on the bum (can I say that word?) with any hidden extras!!

Comment

At the moment vistaprint have the premium business cards free as well as several other offers. You can get a maximum of 10 free items with each order, but you can order only the free items if you want. I paid about £12 P&P. The business card holders (in accessories) are really nice also the car door magnets and fridge magnets are good. The pens are cheap and plastiky though. Have a play on their site with editing different fonts and colours etc. You can also get flyers and postcards free. The cards are quite stiff like normal business cards so you wouldn't need heavier ones.
                  As for how they make their money they often offer a second item that you pay for i.e. a second car door magnet is £4.99 and you usually need two !! Don't click on any offers for discounts or membership though, as they will charge you a £9.95 monthly fee. (usually on-screen after you have completed your order)

Melanie
                  Last edited by silvermaid; 18-09-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

And don't be tempted to click on random things as you go through the checkout process They do have a tendency to entice you with little extras and you think 'ooh that's nice. I really need that'. That's where they make their money
                    Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                    http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                    http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

I design and print my own at home, use Decadry cards with no perforations from Staples. This way I can print them off as I need them. The same for the postcards and leaflets etc.

Comment

iv just ordered my cards from vista print, its a bargin, hopefully they will be good quality, as anyone had the cards delivered yet?
                        www.craftedcards.info
                        www.ambientlight.co.uk

Comment

Mine are great.

Melanie

Comment

I've been using them for about 2 years now and order almost every week. The cards are fine - standard ones have vistaprint logo on the back but premium ones don't.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Well I've placed my order with Vistaprint. I went for the premium and got sucked in to the heavier weight as it was on offer (it hadn't been on offer when I looked at it this afternoon so I guess they must be revising their offers by the minute!) and I also got tempted by the sticky note pad thing and ordered one of them for £1.49. I went for the really slooooow delivery of 21 days to save a few more pennies. Anyway I got it all for £38 I think - I'm just so pleased I've not spent that £100 with Kall Kwik!

What are the car door magnets?

Comment

Working...
                              X