X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE nonprofit ebay to all crafters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    am making an offer here for all crafters to join effort to start an nonprofit ebay like site or a clone
    its an idea to help market your product
    if your interested post here am in
    and let us know what you think
    ===========================
    why should you be in ?
    marketing can get expensiveyou have to agree if u wana start your own website
    but I have a suggestion to all of you
    a good website like an ebay clone can cost around 1000 pounds for
    marketing and script and design and the seo to rank it in search engines
    the charming bit is that it will cost nothing to host or run just man power
    say 20 crafter gathered and joined there effort
    each made a contribution of a 50to a 100 pounds and 5 hours a week of there time to run it
    and offer the service of joining and selling for free for other to join as well
    a none profit ebay like site
    where users can have shops for free and sell for free
    wouldn't that be a great idea ?
    what do u think guys ?
    sand art supplies

Originally posted by sandart View Post

a good website like an ebay clone can cost around 1000 pounds for
    marketing and script and design and the seo to rank it in search engines
    the charming bit is that it will cost nothing to host or run just man power
    say 20 crafter gathered and joined there effort

I'm a bit worried about how you can up with those figures..

Have you read about tuggle ?

If a site gets big enough to support a large number of user then hosting costs a lot..

ps have you seen craftjuice.. Free to join..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

It is a good idea but personally I would not have the money or the time to give to such a site.

Ebid already run free shops on their site and if done correctly you can list for free .ie. not using the gallery picture option means no fees ( this is available to sellers +) and a lifetimes sellers fee is £49.99 , this includes 5 free shops , all technical help can be found on the forums .

Ebid have been running a few years but have seen a upsurge in buyers in recent months due to ebays changes, sadly their advertising isn't a hot as ebays but as all crafters know there is no better advertising than self advertising
      They also use many different forms of payment not just paypal.

Worth checking before investing big amounts of money in todays economic climate.
      Last edited by beckyboo; 16-07-2008, 05:20 PM. Reason: diabolical spelling !
      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think, in principle, it's a really good idea but I'd find it really difficult to find £50 in a lump sum
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

[quote=0103media;104176]I'm a bit worried about how you can up with those figures..

If a site gets big enough to support a large number of user then hosting costs a lot..
          quote]

if it gets big then u r doing well selling

then it wont be a problem to pay extra for the hosting

how did i come up with the figuers

i have some sites i run my self online and know how to get this job done
          in the end of the day its an ideia and your feed back is good

keep it comming guys
          sand art supplies

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
            I think, in principle, it's a really good idea but I'd find it really difficult to find £50 in a lump sum

i ll lend your the money lol
            sand art supplies

Comment

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
              It is a good idea but personally I would not have the money or the time to give to such a site.

Ebid already run free shops on their site and if done correctly you can list for free .ie. not using the gallery picture option means no fees ( this is available to sellers +) and a lifetimes sellers fee is £49.99 , this includes 5 free shops , all technical help can be found on the forums .

Ebid have been running a few years but have seen a upsurge in buyers in recent months due to ebays changes, sadly their advertising isn't a hot as ebays but as all crafters know there is no better advertising than self advertising
              They also use many different forms of payment not just paypal.

Worth checking before investing big amounts of money in todays economic climate.
              there u go

its not free its 50 pounds

am not trying to sell anything guys
              dont get me wrong

am just putting an ideia on the table

any is welcome to take over this
              sand art supplies

Comment

Sandart, I said it is free to list, the joining fee is the same as the price you are asking for.

Every form of advertising and selling must have a price, the only free form of advertising is word of mouth
                Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

i think u got me wrong

am not selling or asking for anything

i said after the 1st 20 got it started it for that inv then it will be joining for free for all

to join and to list and to sell

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
                  Sandart, I said it is free to list, the joining fee is the same as the price you are asking for.

Every form of advertising and selling must have a price, the only free form of advertising is word of mouth
                  sand art supplies

Comment

I think, as I said before, it's a really good idea. I'm sure there are lots of wrinkles that would need to be ironed out but the concept is a really good one. Would you need some web design & SEO/marketing experts on board?
                    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

u certinly would if the ideia got crafters behind it

u will need all of that

are you any of them ?
                      sand art supplies

Comment

I use ebid so echo what the poster said about ebid.
                        If you are a seller on ebid then it is free to list items.
                        If you become a seller+ then there are certain fees. Personally I think it's probably better to be a seller+
                        I have paid the £49 lifetime membership so now i am paying no more listing fees ever! I became seller+ on a monthly subscription first £6.99per month, then after so many months I paid a bit extra one month and became a lifetime member - my previous monthly payments I had made counted towards that lifetime fee.
                        There is a final value fee of 2% if you have used the gallery feature but I think with craft items it's better to put a picture. And 2% is nothing compared with ebay which seems to take anything upto 9% depending what items you are listing.
                        Ebid has a very friendly forum too which has given me loads of help - lol I need it!!
                        http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                        Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                        My Facebook

Comment

Sounds good in principal but the first 20 would have to put in £50 and 5 hours work each week. What would they get back? If the rest don't pay any fees there would be no income generated?
                          I would think that most people would prefer to wait until it was running and get everything free.
                          It seems a bit unfair for the first 20.

Melanie

Comment

I am sorry, but I would not invest into something that seems to be run by a child. I would expect all spelling to be checked before publishing and I most certainly would not be sending money to someone from a forum.

All seems a bit fishy to me!!
                            Last edited by Peter; 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM.
                            Rach

Facebook
                            Website
                            Blog
                            Folksy

Comment

Rach - i'm glad you mentioned about the spelling - must agree entirely with you. Only costs £20 to buy Mr Site and that is your own personal website.
                              The Soap Fairy xx
                              www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Working...
                              X