X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance???

Hi all (what a great site this is!)

Just a quick question...

I saw a comment on here the other day regarding cheap insurance from the CMTIA..I have looked at this and it is far cheaper at £47 than previously quoted by another insurance company...however I wondered if anyone can confirm that this company is legitimate? as I can't seem to find any other info on the internet to show this....I just want to make sure before I sign up..

I have also found another for £50 for a higher rate of insurance...
    I need to get the insurance set up as soon as possible for my up coming craft fair and need to know ASAP...
    Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance...
    Nutty Tigger

www.cranberrylanecards.co.uk (in progress)

I use CMTIA (along with a lot of others on this Forum) and many of us would recommend them. They are very helpful and the cover is organised pretty much instantly. Good luck!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Insurance

Yep....I would agree with that, use them myself...no problems.
      cheers, julie x

Comment

insurance replies...

Yes...I understand that many people on here use CMTIA...but has anyone knowledge of their authenticity and that they are NOT a **** company as there are some around...or has anyone claimed from them in line witht heir cover promised?...Just thought I would check before signing up...
        Also, does anyone know of any insurance which is cheaper and reliable? as only doing a few craft fairs so dont really want too much expense...do realise you get what you pay for, but also know the other moto...insurance can be a rip off...lol
        thanks for the replies so far folks...!
        Nutty Tigger

Comment

Insurance

I have found the Market Traders Federation, although £76 per year covers you for Public Liability and also Employers Liability and allows you to sell at markets also. They are a great organisation.

Comment

I use them too and have no reason to think they are a **** company. They come up on google with no problem and when I phoned them they answer the phone with their company name. I know this is not foolproof but I think they have been going a long time now and most ****mers would have moved on. Selina

Comment

Insurance quoted

I have finally decide to go with GB Imber & sons ltd.

Their cover costs £50 and is also set to cover craft shows etc without limitations on number of shows visited. They also include employees liability cover up to 10 mill and product cover up to 5 mill, along with public liability cover of 5 mil for that one fixed price. This means that it is actually better cover than the CMTIA, although that in itself also looked quite good...
              At least I have found and settled on one which is cheaper than the original quote I had from my insurance company for £360...lol...

Thanks for all of your help though..

TTFN
              Nutty
              Nutty Tigger

Comment

I use these, and have my insurance details to hand, they are part of the Zurich group.
                To quote what it says on my policy
                " this certificate of insurance is issued for and on behalf of zurichs insurance company limited ( herein called "the insurers"
                in the event of a claim contact zurich insurance

I don't know anybody who has claimed but somebody must have , which would blow any insurance **** out the water surely ??
                Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
                  I use these, and have my insurance details to hand, they are part of the Zurich group.
                  To quote what it says on my policy
                  " this certificate of insurance is issued for and on behalf of zurichs insurance company limited ( herein called "the insurers"
                  in the event of a claim contact zurich insurance

I don't know anybody who has claimed but somebody must have , which would blow any insurance **** out the water surely ??
                  I was about to say that they were part of Zurich as well. Touch wood, I have never had to make a claim but I'm sure someone may have had to in the past! CMTIA are very widely advertised and I have seen them recommended on other websites listing insurance policies for crafters.

Si.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Thank you all!!

WOW!! such a good response and how much easier it is to set up and get asdvice when you have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips (literally!).

I have decided against CMTIA and have instead gone for GM Imber & Sons insurance as suggested by someone...the reason being that i contacted CMTIA and the insurance only stands if you are at an arranged market or craft fair...ie. it does not cover sale of products to shops or over the internet or postal ordered craft...neither does it cover for parties or other sales outlets...so were something to come adrift and cause injury through one of these outlets, then I would not be covered....guess its all in the small print...
                    The other insurance is only £50 for the full year and offers 5 mil liability public and 5 mil liability product cover, along with 10 mil employers liability cover thrown in and seems more value for money..

Just my opinion, but know I couldn't have figured it all out without your help on here...THANKS!!!
                    Nutty Tigger

Comment

Working...
                    X