Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of setting up a business selling crafts online

Hi Everyone.

Although I own a Web design company, the main reason I am here is for some advice on a venture my fiancée and I are thinking of starting up.

We want to have a Web site where we will have several different product categories, featuring items from many independent crafts and artists.

Basing it heavily on the drop shipping method, but adding a far more personal touch is the main motivation behind it.

Has anyone had experience in this kind of thing before? Have you yourself dealt with drop shippers? Where they good or bad and why?
    The Great British Craft Tour
    www.thegreatbritishcrafttour.co.uk

Whats drop shipping?
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lauralou1601 View Post
      Whats drop shipping?
      A crude description is having an online shop with products that you sell. The thing is, that you never actually come into contact with the goods.

You take the payment for the goods, then buy the item from the supplier and get them, by prior agreement, to send the goods by plain cover, or if your super friendly with them, with your brand, direct to the client. You add your own markup to the items you sell.

Comment

Oh right, that sounds like a good idea actually, id be interested, depending on the charges like.
        I like to make things - usually a mess!
        Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
        http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lauralou1601 View Post
          Oh right, that sounds like a good idea actually, id be interested, depending on the charges like.
          No charges, you sell the goods at your prices.

If I find the products to be something that I would want to sell, then I'd certainly be interested. Can you send me a PM telling me what you do?

anyway, back on topic!

Has anyone dealt with drop shippers before?

Comment

Drop shipping can be a minefield - you need to ensure that anyone you enter into agreements with is going to be reliable, as it is your reputation on the line, not theirs. I don't personally do any drop shipping, so don't really have any personal tips, but there is a dropshipping forum for uk users that could give some good tips (if you google it you'll find it!).
            Patchwork fabric shop online
            Quilting tools at great prices!

Comment

Working...
            X