Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name?

Which name do you think is better for our webby? www dot smile do net OR www dot smile-dragonfly dot co dot uk?
    We are planning to set up and we are trying to decide whether the business name of 'smile' or 'smile-dragonfly' is better... which do you think is better? Thanks for your help!

Smile on its own is nice.
    I dont associate smiles and dragonflies as going together.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Smile on it's own is nice but does make me think of the bank - think they are .co.uk. If dragonflies are a big feature in your work then that suggestion could work as customers would associate you with them and it'd all link in nicely.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Smile-could you introduce yourself in the introduction section please.
        In the immortal words of Miss Cilla Black 'Tell us yuur name and werr you com frm'.

Edited to say-Woops, ignore me, I see you have already introduced yourself.Shows how much Im on the forum now doesnt it!
        Last edited by Seahorse; 04-05-2008, 06:30 PM.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Hi,

It partly depends on what your website is all about??

I don't get the link between smiles and dragonflies ...but be careful with 'smile' on it's own as this is also an online bank! Which I guess is why you will have to use smile dot net!

It could be useful if you want people to arrive at your site by mistake ...but do you really want to be associated with a bank?

Maybe we could all throw in suggections for a name if you give us a bit of background ...just a thought!

Regards.
          Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Yeah, do a poll - we like those!!!

Comment

Domain names with one short word like smile are like golddust...you're going to have to pay quite a bit for one if it's not already taken. Also, if you can make the name a simple as you can..try not using hyphens etc. Give people as little opportunity to spell your website incorrectly as possible.
              Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
              Dichroic Glass Tutorials
              Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Yikes ...just remembered something Smile, be very careful about discussing any names you might want to register as domains on this (or any other) forum as there are people out there who pick up on such things an register them before you and then charge you whatever they like to let you have them!!!

Be careful!

Regards.
                Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Thanks for your help everybody
                  Does anybody have any other suggestions of what our name could be which is sort of similar, just incase we find that something we want is taken?

Comment

When you search for domains on a domain purchasing site you will usually be given some alternatives if your chosen domain is unavailable. Hyphenated domain names are OK as long as there is only the one hyphen.

What is your website all about? What are you selling?

Ruby x
                    Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                    Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                    X