Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wendy
    replied
    The shopping evenings Leanna describes are usually very successful, because everyone wants to support the school.

Another way you can do it instead of that, or as well as that, is to hold house parties for people, where you sell your goods either on the night or take orders from samples. You need to give the host a free gift or commission (to spend on your goods) but these usually work well, too. If you decide to do house parties as well as shopping evenings, the two will support each other well.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Soapwitch
    replied
    Hi Helen,

The events that I've attended have usually been shopping/pampering evenings to fund raise at local schools. Tickets are sold to parents and the school put on wine and nibbles for everyone. There are craft stalls and sometimes local therapists/salons come along to promote themselves etc. I've found that they have a good relaxed atmosphere and are usually very successful!!

Hope that helps

Leanna

Leave a comment:

• PeggyCrafts
    started a topic Shopping Evenings?

Shopping Evenings?

Hi everyone

I have read quite a lot on here about people attending 'shopping evenings' or some kinds of parties where you can sometimes sell your work.

Could anyone tell me more about this, as I don't really understand what they are, and how to find out about them.

Any info would be gratefully received.

However, since I came across this forum, I've gathered so many helpful tips and been given so much advice, I don't think I'll ever have time to do it all!!

Helen x
Working...
X