Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Display Stands

Hi!
    I need some counter top type display stands for cards, do anyone have any bright ideas where to get some, as cheap as possible!!

Any ideas welcome, thanks in advance!
    www.devonredbags.co.uk

Don't know if this is what you mean but if you go to http://www.eco-craft.co.uk/ and have a look in their "Bags,boxes and packaging materials" section you should find their point of sale display units. I get my card blanks from here and I find them very reliable.
    Natalie
    website blog

Comment

What about covering some old shoe boxes or even washing tablet boxes (like Fairy or Persil as they are quite good sizes) and then stacking them at different heights so the tallest is at the back?

You could then theme your boxes to match the coverings!

Or what about shallow wicker baskets? I've seen some somewhere that were cheap but can't remember where!

Comment

Card stands

Hi

I bought mine from jdcstore on ebay - I use them for displaying my baby blankets - but if you want individual card stands, take a look at 200207571430 on ebay. You should be able to make something similar yourself and save a fortune.

Covering your own boxes, like TipTop says, is a great idea - that's how I started out.

For wicker baskets (and other containers) try charity shops. You'll be amazed at what you can find in some of them!
        Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Thank you all!! I'll get looking!
          www.devonredbags.co.uk

Comment

Good site.

Originally posted by Roseberry Crafts View Post
            Don't know if this is what you mean but if you go to http://www.eco-craft.co.uk/ and have a look in their "Bags,boxes and packaging materials" section you should find their point of sale display units. I get my card blanks from here and I find them very reliable.
            Hi! Just browsing and read your reply about the display units. What a brilliant site! I have been paying much more from the local Craft Store. Thankyou for saving mey money. Is that women's logic as I have just spent £20 there!!!!! Thanks again. Sue.x
            http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,
              i brought my stand from standstore, they are are pretty good and have a wide range.

Otherwise i hear JDC store on ebay are also very good!

Sue
              www.stand-store.co.uk - Display Stand Spe******ts

www.stand-store.co.uk/csg.html - Handmade card selling guide

Comment

Hi! I went in the shoe shop in our local village and they gave me different sizes of shoe boxes. I bought about five different coloured packets of tissue paper and put it roughly in the boxes. It looked quite good. I bought some cardboard plate stands and put them around the table with individual cards on. I put a vase of flowers each end of the table as well.

Hope this gives you a couple of ideas. Sue xx

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post

Hi! Just browsing and read your reply about the display units. What a brilliant site! I have been paying much more from the local Craft Store. Thankyou for saving mey money. Is that women's logic as I have just spent £20 there!!!!! Thanks again. Sue.x
                  Whoops!! Not me!!! It's a different Sue !!!!!( SusieQ)

Comment

nice idea with the tissue paper
                    www.stand-store.co.uk - Display Stand Spe******ts

www.stand-store.co.uk/csg.html - Handmade card selling guide

Comment

what size or area are you trying to use for counter displays? I managed a display factory and could make some out of wood for ya
                      Originally posted by cpb View Post
                      Hi!
                      I need some counter top type display stands for cards, do anyone have any bright ideas where to get some, as cheap as possible!!

Any ideas welcome, thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello, don't worry about buying expensive card stand you can easily make your own. I keep a lot of my cards in little wicker baskets i sprayed gold. i also make stands from bits of cardboard covered in material. if you want cheap wood then B&Q etc often have an offcuts bin where you can get bits of wood for about 50p.

i've tried to attach a pic of my stand that is:
                        an old bit of shelf and some cardboard glued together
                        covered in old curtain
                        divided by some curled up garden wire...
                        oh and it has a few sequins sewed on for effect!

just have a go, it's lots of crafty fun making pretty displays....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by elzi; 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM.

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Working...
                        X