I have a market stall...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a market stall...!!!

I have been accepted to do an Easter Market at the Moseley Arts Market (south of Birmingham). I have been told by another forum member that the market is really good. They only have one of every stall, all is hand made and their aim is to support local traders/businesses.

I applied for a stall at Christmas but didn't get in unfortunately. They are really oversubscribed, so I have been on their waiting list. They run the event one Saturday every month, and I have a spot on the first one this year, Easter Saturday. Let's hope the weather is good for us!!!

Anyone else have experience of doing Arts markets?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I dont but congratulations, it sounds very popular and to get Easter weekend, hopefully that will be great for you

All the best!
    shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Look closely at the other stalls - windproofing, clips, something to sit on, stall covering material, and, most importantly...............weather forecasts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
        Look closely at the other stalls - windproofing, clips, something to sit on, stall covering material, and, most importantly...............weather forecasts!!
        Thanks for the tips!!!! I have already started to think about that...it has been recommended that we bring something to protect the sides of the stall from the weather - I thought maybe tarpaulin either side with some of those big clips (anyone know where you get those from?). I have some of those callapsible camping chairs I thought I'd take along.

Like the new avator BTW Peter!
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I have dozens of clips! Go to a normal saturday market and look for a tool stall, that's where we always got them from - you should pay about 50p each for the big ones, the small ones are only good for holding up posters etc. It's worth getting a cheap tarpaulin from Halfords or Machine Mart if you're going to be doing a few markets, it's guaranteed one will leak at sometime! Guess who was a market trader? Oh, and take something heavy to hold your paperwork down...........and a float.............and a flask...........and a barbecue.............and a goat...................and...............

Comment

congrats you! how cool is that!
            Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Well done!!
              Easter Sat too! It's bound to be busy, you better get making!!
              http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations!!

Yep get those clamps and tarpalins at the ready (as well as thick boots, well tucked in layers, gloves hat and jumpers!!!)
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Cling film if you dont want to spend money on tarps & clips.

When I did one the lady next me put the cling film on the side of her stall and it seemed to work. Something to bear in mind is how to cover your stock if it starts to " rain in the way "

Anyway really chuffed for you and wishing you every success

Cheers Janice
                  www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Well done hope the weather is really good - but get a good quality ground sheet and put some mats or pieces of carpet on them to stand on because no matter how many pair of socks you put on your feet always get cold.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Congrats! That's great news

Stand on cardboard as this apparently stops your feet getting cold!

Good luck with and let's hope the sunshines
                      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Ooohhhhh! Good luck - take some pics of your stall as would love to see it!!

Hope you sell shed loads!!

Comment

I've done markets selling plants and fresh flowers in the north east UK but never was able to get on the once a month farmers market. Congrets on your new vinture.
                          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have a double stall with my friend, who makes jewellery, so we are thinking of mixing the two across the stall, perhaps arranged according to colour. I'm thinking that will draw people in more?

Will have a look on sat for the clips (Thx Peter!) and like the cling flim idea!!! Having the sides clear will mean people can still see our stal from the side so that sounds lie a good idea.

Will let you know how it goes. Will have to look out for some fingerless gloves...
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

You must be very excited ! Good exposure for your crafts too.

Talking of exposure... on a practical level I'd suggest wearing several layers of clothing that you can then peel off if you get warm (standing about all day can really seep into your bones!). Hats are good too - its surprising how much heat you loose through your head especially if you do happen to be in a draughty area. Also a big flask of coffee is good because then you can just pour it out as needed without having to drink up a huge vending cup full (and dont forget the biscuits for sugar/energy) !

When it comes to your market audience.. I found it better not to sit behind the stall as this seems to put people off looking. Oh - and make sure you have your business cards out so they can shop online too
                              Mel

Comment

Working...
                              X